Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor spinnyricc
New Contributor

Re: Roaming data charge

Hi @chopperC,

Did you end up having to wait until your bill was generated in order to waive the fees?

I'm experiencing a similar problem and am being told there's nothing that can do done until my bill is generated.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi there spinnyricc,

This thread is a couple of years ago so it's unlikely the previous users will reply.

Roaming charges are passed on by the international networks so for any billing issues the bill does have to be generated.

If you are disputing charges or risk having service restrictions due to unpaid amounts it is advised to pay what is not in dispute, e.g. the monthly plan charge, etc.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor

Thanks for heads up. All my monthly bill amounts are paid and I will pay the next one once the bill is generated.

I'll wait for the bill to be generated then try and dispute the roaming charges.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

You're welcome 🙂 

If it's a general dispute like the rate that was charged we can try and assist here however if it's denying a roaming call/message/data charge is listed on the bill, something to do with a travel pack or something along those lines we’re unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor

Thanks for that,

Unfortunately it is around disputing roaming charges so I will have to wait and call up.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Wendy_liu
New Contributor

I had the exact thing happened to me. I was in New Zealand, active a 2 day travel pack. 1.5 hours later I got alert saying I have used all my travel pack, with no time lag, 10 message send over saying I have exceeded $1400 data usage. I was so shocked it, just couldn’t imaging that I would have used 1.5gb in less than an hour with no download, no live streaming, no video watching. and something, Optus never alert you until you have “actually” exceed your data usage. I am very disappointed with Optus, feel like I was cheated and loop into this situation.
When I called the customer service, all they said was we can’t do much because the bill has not be generated. Eventually, a team member was willing to help, but still wanting me to pay $170 for something I believe was mis-charged. Feeling that the customer is now at a disadvantage level, when we can’t prove exactly how much we used. And data is not like calls, it is really hard to tell who is telling the truth. Well, I have to say, Optus is now out from my option, and will not be recommending to any of my friends or family. A company that is trying to misleading and looping your customer, is nothing more than a thief.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors