cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Jynx
New Contributor

Re: Roaming data charge

That's great news @chopperC!  I'm glad they did that.  I am still waiting for someone from Optus to resolve my matter.  I called them last week and they said they will call be back in a week... it's going to be 7 days end of this week.  So we'll see.

When I spoke to an agent last week they mentioned that this seems to be known issue in their system and they are trying to collect as many information as they can to resolve the issue. 

Now I am worried, cos I am going overseas again next week for 7 days and I'll be purchasing optus travel pack again.  At least, I'll know I'm covered.

Thanks for the update! 🙂

Moderator Aman_B

Hi @Jynx, please feel free to contact us here if you need a help with your roaming usage or to add travel packs. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor maddieporter__
New Contributor

Hi there How did you go with this? I am currently experiencing a very similar situation!! :s
0 Kudos
New Contributor Jynx
New Contributor

It went well for me.  Optus waived all charges because they did confirm they had an issue with their system which resulted in me not getting any of the notifications for usage %.  So they were pretty good as long as you actually didn't receive an SMS on how much data you've used, you should be ok.  You'll typically get it at 50%, 85% and 100%.

0 Kudos
New Contributor SKumar
New Contributor

I am going Overseas.

My plan has international roaming included in that.

I have bene trying to call optus customer service without any luck. Have been on hold for last 1 hr.

I do need to tell them my iteneray?

and what are the rates? will i be charged to make a call even if roaming is included in my plan?

how to access my voicemail?

Please a moderator advise me

How do i send a personal message ?

0 Kudos
Moderator Vicky

Thanks for getting in touch @SKumar. If your plan has Travel Packs included you will still need to activate it prior to travel to take advantage of the inclusions. All the information regarding roaming whilst abroad is available on our website → http://www.optus.com.au/shop/mobile/international-roaming. Rates are dependent on the country you're travelling through to. Would be best for us to take a closer look at your service and advise further - please feel free to chat us your account information here → http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor AngryKeroppi
New Contributor

Surprise Roaming data charge even when NOT using my Optus phone

I just got back from my trip to Hong Kong. I was all along using my local HK sim card, and left my Optus phone untouched and unused. However, I suddenly got a message from Optus on my third day in HK and say that my roaming charges has already reached $300, and three could be more delayed billings. This is unacceptable. I don't understand why there were charges when I was NOT using my Optus phone at all, and why the Roaming alert came so late. I am NOT paying this. Would Optus please get your customer service team to approach me before I take it up to the media thanks!

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

Re: Surprise Roaming data charge even when NOT using my Optus phone

Thanks for taking the time to write this up, @AngryKeroppi. Can appreciate how frustrated your must be.

to confirm, you didn't put your SIM card in once whilst you were overseas? Generally speaking, the SIM card can't process any usage/charges if it's not in a handset as it needs to connect to the antenna of the handset and then to a tower. It's impossible for this to occur, that being said, we can certainly investigate this further. 

Can you please send me a private message confirming your mobile number, full name and DOB? 

0 Kudos
New Contributor JMas
New Contributor

Hi There,

I too have been overcharged by Optus and have spent the last 3 days trying to get someone to help me.  My small business Manager won't help, and won't even escalate to the billing Dept.   I will start a new thread if required, but if there's anyone from Optus reading this, can you please make contact.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Sange
New Contributor

The same problem was encountered by me when was in Singapore airport for transit and just called my hubby who was away in the same terminal. Nothing else been used other than this call. Got a bill of $835 stating overusage of data. Neither I got an usage alert nor other sort of notification. Completely UNACCETIBLE OPTUS.

Was planning to enrol for an NBN connection after reaching back Sydney. Now I feel like saying something (*) with frustration..  

0 Kudos
Top Contributors