Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
AtomAstroboy
New Contributor
New Contributor

Roaming - Vietnam - Zone 1

Hi, any chance that Optus can add Vietnam to your international roaming Zone 1 country?  Vodafone has recently added it to their $5 per day roaming and Telstra has had Vietnam on their included roaming and 2GB data for a long time.  Thanks. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: Roaming - Vietnam - Zone 1

@AtomAstroboy, hard to say at this stage.

I'm not aware of any plans to renew our roaming agreement with any carriers in Vietnam.

We'll be sure to communicate any changes to our roaming offers to those interested. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Jtang124
New Contributor
New Contributor

How is Vietnam the only country in Asia other than north Korean to not be in zone 1
0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi Jtang124,

It's a good question considering the rates are the same, we'll do our best to try and find out what the reason is but may not be able to.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
Jtang124
New Contributor
New Contributor

When would we usually get a response?
There's so many other people asking the same question in different threads and forums.

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hopefully in the coming days, the contact name I was given was pretty high up the food chain. As soon as I hear back I'll post it here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

The response is:

The roaming cost rates we pay for Vietnam don’t allow us to include in Zone 1 (Travel Packs/Roaming in plan).

There was a little bit more but not related to this particular question, I don't think we're able to get more info beyond that. It comes down to cost.

0 Kudos
Jtang124
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for the response. It's quite unfortunate because Telstra and Vodafone offer Vietnam, and researching online and finding out about both countries being part of https://www.bridgealliance.com/global-partnership/ assumed that the rates for Optus would drop which would finally allow Vietnam to be part of zone 1 like Optus competitors have offered.

0 Kudos