Searching...

Mobile

Rip Off

bluejen

Just wondering why I should stay with Optus when other providers give you 8gb of data per phone and Optus generously gives you 6gb between 2 phones and most of the other things are the same for half the price of Optus. I tried to contact them via the chat but it does not seem to be working.

Re: Rip Off

Davelew

Hi 

It is always best to compare providers as their offers change regularly. I am on a SIM only plan with Optus and at the time I signed up I was offered unlimited calls and texts, 300 mins of international calls to selected countries and 12gb of data for $40 per month. I even got a further 25%on a friends and family offer. So do you homework and choose the best offer for you. Also use a comparison site such as Whistle Out. 

These companies don't rip you off as if they don't offer competitive rates they don't stay in business. 

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

SamSam

Yeah probably also wouldn't hurt for you to give us some more info on what plan you're on, inclusions, costs etc. Can always see if there are options for you

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

petergdownload

Perhaps the question should be why wouldn't you?

Current $40 deal is unlimited calls and 14Gb.  Pretty servicable IMO. The sharing pool is also nice if you can use it (run your iPad off the same data for no cost)

Sub $40 Most of the big Telcos aren't very competetive. If you want a servicable real cheap deal then the second tier Telcos might be better (That said most of them seem to headline bonus data for the first month but then backslide to the usual 1Gb-2Gb for under $30)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

bluejen

Thank you all for you help and advice, I have spoken to the Optus rep on the chat as calling them takes forever. They could not or would not do anything. I am on a $60 and $70 plans with 2 phones and only 6gb of data. It looks like any lower plans are only for new customers old long term ones are forgotten which seems to be the case with most things these days.

Thanks again for you comments.

petergdownload

Agree chat is the way to go. I assume you're still on contract? 

Doesn't seem unreasonable to me that Optus want customers to stick to whatever deal has been agreed. Optus generally offers bonus data for signing up for 12 months. After that you automatically switch to month to month and can grab a new deal by opting in for another 12 months.

Most recently the data jumps have been pretty big. In just a few years we've seen 1 Gb - 3 Gb plans morph into 100+ Gb ones. With data pooling you should be able to reduce your bills by $50 a month and have the phones share in 28Gb of data a month. 

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
154 Kudos
125 Kudos
96 Kudos
95 Kudos
75 Kudos