cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Retrieve deleted messages

Hi, 

Just wondering if it is possible to either get back SMS messages from/to a specific mobile or at least a print-out (showing date & time between my cell phone number and them) to be used in court? Tried a link on another user's same request but as the answer with a link given by the Online Community Manager was from 2012 doesn't bring up the online form so thinking it perhaps has moved.  A quick answer would be really great.  Thx.

Thx.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Retrieve deleted messages

The body of a text message isn't stored by Telco's, only on the handsets themselves. So if you can't retrieve it from the handset, they are gone. As for date and time, this is recorded on detailed bills so as long as you own the service, or can get the owner of the service to do so, you should be able to obtain a copy of your bills from My Account if it's within the last 12 months or if it's later than that, by contacting Optus by phone or live chat.

Good luck!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I use SMS Backup for my android phone (Motorola Moto E).

It works very well, it puts a label / folder called SMS in GMail, and the best part it's free.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zegoggles.smssync&hl=en

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

There's many programs on Google I think the one I used was wondershare it brought up all my files and messages you can retrieve them 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Deleted messages have not been "deleted". It will no longer be a subversive idea for you after knowing how deletion exactly works. As a matter of fact, your phone just simply has your erased texts invisible, which means they are not perpetually gone right away.

However, as you continue to use that device, the new messages will take the place of the old one, namely overwriting, so if you are going to get your text messages back, we suggest stopping using your phone.

Android Data Recovery, a super practical data recovery software, which can help you retrieve deleted messages that haven't been overwritten within several clicks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Dear, do you want to recover messages from android ou recover messages text from iPhone?

For iPhone, here are five ways to retrieve deleted text on your iPhone, and the following are all of these texts:

Retrieve from iCloud backup
Retrieve from iCloud website
Contact your phone provider
Retrieve from the iTunes backup
Use third-party application retrieval

For Android, Android Data Recovery can save you time and effort to retrieve your missing text messages. Formatting, deleting or missing, whatever the reason, Android data recovery process. In addition to missing text messages, it can also help you recover photos from Android, video and songs.

1. Support the recovery of deleted emails by name, phone number, additional image, email, message, data, etc. And save the deleted messages to CSV for your use.
2. Preview and selectively recover deleted emails from Android phone.

3. Store extracted messages from the broken Android phone.
4. Support to recover photos, video, contacts, messages, telephone records, audio, whatsApp files, delete by mistake, factory Settings, the system crashes, forget the password, flash ROM, to take root, from ororid mobile phones or SD card.

5. Support various Andorra devices including samsung, HTC, LG, huawei, SONY and Windows phones.
6. Freeze, crash, black screen, virus attack, screen lock phone is normal.

Download Android Data Recovery immediately to solve these problems.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

SMS loaded many funny lines and punch in the chats.  Unlike the computer which has a recycle bin to store the deleted files, Android phones and tablets don't set aside such a storage space. But you still have a chance to retrieve deleted messages from Android phone.

Fortunately, you can try FoneCope Android Data Recovery tool.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

It's available to get back deleted SMS without backup on mobile phones with the help of recovery tools. If you need to retrieve deleted messages on Android phones and tablets, you are supposed to act quick. You can check this software FoneCope Android Data Recovery.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

When you lost data, You'd better stop using your phone to avoid overwriting, because the more you write data, the less likely you’ll be able to retrieve the lost data.

If you don't mind to root your device, you can recover the text messages with the recovery tool. 

Google search suggests several tools to recover deleted messages

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

If you had backed the text messages up on iCloud or iTunes, then it is possible to retrieve all text messages from the backup. If not, then you can choose iPhone Data Recovery to do the text message recovery for you. 

0 Kudos