Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Retreiving disconnected mobile number from quarantine

jaisen

Hi,

I'm just wondering if there is anyway to get my number back from Optus. It was a pre-paid service that I forgot to recharge and as a result was disconnected. Can someone help?

Thanks.

Re: Retreiving disconnected mobile number from quarantine

caaf

Hey there,

How long ago are we talking?

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. Smiley Wink
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

jaisen

Thanks for the reply.

To be honest, I can't remember and I'm not even sure if it's still in quarantine. When I call the number it is still "disconnected". I know this doesn't mean it's still in quarantine, just that it might not have been claimed yet. If I was to guess it would be over 6 months ago, but again, I don't know for sure. Is there a way to find out? Can someone who works at Optus just type in a number and see if it's still in quarantine or if it's been released. It's always been an Optus number (no transfers) so it was originally allocated to Optus. From what I've read, numbers are quarantined for 6 months (12 months if disconnected due to nuisance calls)

caaf

Yep you're spot on.. Six months from the last expiry. I'm just trying to gather details so time isn't wasted on a task as I'm free labour Smiley Tongue

So if you think it's just outside the six months from last expiry I recon there may be a positive result.

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. Smiley Wink
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Mike-N

Hey @jaisen Smiley Happy How did you go investigating this? If you still need assisting in check when it expired and whether it's possible to get your number back, please send us a private message with the phone number, your full name and date of birth. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
131 Kudos
127 Kudos
99 Kudos
86 Kudos
56 Kudos