Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mickayla18
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Restricted services

Hi so I've recently been in contact with Optus regarding my phone being restored and number activated again. I've talked to numerous people and still feel like I'm not getting anywhere. I have paid my bill completely and owe nothing now. I only have one phone and can't call the financial team or any other persons in regards to restoring my account and activating my sim. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Restricted services

It takes 15 minutes to 4 hours for the services to be up and running again according to the many posts on this forum. Has the payment been reported via the My Account portal or the My Optus app?

0 Kudos
Mickayla18
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I've told numerous of Optus people via live chat who are aware I've made payments and paid my bill. When I ring off another phone to try and talk to Optus and follow the prompts but when it asks for my number it says it's invalid and I can't continue on talking to someone. 

0 Kudos
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

You shouldn't need a mobile number to speak with support. Try skipping that option when you are prompted. The live chat below or the chat feature in the Optus mobile app might be another contact option.

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

0 Kudos
Mickayla18
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yeah I've already tried the live chat but still left feeling frustrated with no solution. Thanks 

0 Kudos
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hopefully one of the Optus staff members will see this post and have a look at the issue for you.

0 Kudos
Tano
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Sorry to hear of the runaround here @Mickayla18. Any luck getting back connected? If not, send through a private message with the full name, phone number and DOB attached to the account to verify, and we'll take a look. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos