Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Remove Bonus GB Shared Data

Optus kindly gave me an extra 20GB in April - that came in handy!

They've also, unannounced, given me another 20GB this month, May.

I have just received an e-mail:

Order Update

Hi xxxx,

Just confirming that we've received your request to remove Bonus 20GB Shared Data from your service.

Your order reference is xxxxxxA.

Since I never requested a removal of any GBs, is this a scam? Is it from Optus? Anyone get amything like this?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Remove Bonus GB Shared Data

@ausfly wrote:

They've also, unannounced, given me another 20GB this month, May.

Bonus data was only for April. The removal is automatic.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Just clarifying the bonus data is for 30 days from the time it is activated, so it carries across into May until the 30 days is up.
As YetAnotherACC advised, the removal of the offer is automatic.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

My normal plan is 9GB/month. Even though the 30 days was up on 5th May (now the 7th) my usage shows up as  "5%  1.18GB of 29GB used". So I should expect any day now that it should revert to "of 9GB used". Correct?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

That's correct as per the T&Cs: One-off 20GB bonus data available for 30 days or until data used, whichever comes first. Forfeited if you recontract or cancel your eligible plan.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy