Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Slimhome
Occasional Contributor

Re: Removal of Optus Leasing plans

It IS the cheapest as long as

A. You do not damage it.

B. You do not want to sell it at the end of the 2 years. But this should really read like this: you don't want the hassle of trying to sell it in the used market.

This might be a too difficult task for many but for me, I have only broken the phones screen only once (And trust me, it was an old phone that I could afford to throw away by the time I broke it) and the rest of the phones (about 7 or more if you include tablets) are in drawers around the home.

So for me, it was the cheaper option.

Occasional Contributor Cmac11
Occasional Contributor

Hi Peter, is the CIS number the critical information summary plan ID?

i know when I signed up there were huge dramas that needed to be fixed by the Facebook team. I was sent multiple contracts. My CIS does talk about lease charges but on my bill next to lease charges it's $0.

I find talking to the team on FB I get a clearer answer. Whereas everywhere else it's just totally confused and I get different responses from everyone.

As I said my initial sign up was a mess! There were computer issues in the Optus shop, I was sent multiple contracts, charged fees I wasn't mean to be charged and all off this needed to be corrected by the FB team.

The day I signed up to what was a lease and I have received messages about the lease ceasing. Was the day my own phone had been stolen off my desk at work.

it was a confusing day. It seems everything about my contract is confused!

So I appreciate your assistance.

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Yep that is the CIS. FWIW Face book seems to be where Optus are stocking their crack service people so I would try them first for resolutions.
Peter Gillespie
Occasional Contributor Cmac11
Occasional Contributor

Yup will do, it was the FB team that said it would be just $99 if the phone is returned in good condition and I can then go on a sim only plan with my own phone, so will go with that and if it needs to be corrected then will seek their support to get it rectified. 

Thanks for listening and commenting.