Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Cossy64
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Removal of Optus Leasing plans

Talk about being sold a Turkey

I have been advised that my Note 9 is not in "good working order" as it has a dent in the corner of the screen other than that it is perfectly fine.

After all the money I have paid $105.45 per month for almost 2 years they still want to charge $410 to buy the phone outright.

I think they maybe about to lose a loyal customer of many years e.g. I am a big NRL fan.

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Dents can be problematic as they indicate the phone has suffered a hard knock. Most warranties are void if the phone has a dent. It looks like refurbished Note 9 units are selling for around $500 on eBay so hopefully you can just flip it for $450 and move on. You did get a $240 discount off the plan I suppose. But if you'd paid that $240 you'd be able to keep the phone for any purpose.

Not sure I get the NRL reference though?
0 Kudos
Scotty07
New Contributor
New Contributor

I would like to get out of my Optus plan please
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@Scotty07 You'll need to talk to Optus about your options (twitter or facebook). There may be exit fees (particularly if you are on a leasing plan). What's your situation? Are you looking for a cheaper option? There are also hardship options Optus can look into.
0 Kudos
Cartz1
New Contributor
New Contributor

This lease plan has been the worst agreement I have ever been convinced to sign up for the money I have poured into the plan has been ridiculous and the fact that optus cancelled the offer within a few months of my sign up just shows how bad it was... I’ve had it with optus been a customer if theirs for nearly 10 years... will not use them again as soon as this lease is up... thanks for sharing your experience it’s helped me finalise my own thoughts about whee to go next.
0 Kudos
Kartika

Hi @Scotty07, unfortunately we don`t have access to customers account on this public profile. Please contact our billing team  either via the → messaging service or by calling them on 133937 - Mon - Fri: 8am - 8pm Sat: 9am - 5pm AEST to assist you further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
stephb96
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

My leasing phone was both water damaged and its screen was cracked. I contacted Apple to repair the screen and at the time they were closed due to Covid. They sent me to an Apple authorised service provider that was still operating and I paid for the screen to be fixed there. However, when it went to to the Apple repair depot to be fixed, it was found that water had leaked into the phone and it was deemed useless so I had to pay $883 to completely replace the phone. I have now upgraded to a new plan with Optus and have sent my replaced lease phone back to Optus. Will I be charged because the serial number is different to the original phone that was given to me at the beginning of my leasing contract?

Thanks,

Steph

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Getting a repair from the manufacturer would have been ok but unfortunately Optus require the exact same phone be handed back (damaged or working). So if for example you lost the phone you can't buy another one and send that back in (even if its still in the box) - just one more reason why leasing plans suck.

So at this stage I would suggest :

1. Keep the phone (Pay Optus $883) Get a good value SIM only plan ($25 a month for $20) or

2. Sell the new phone on eBay for as much as you can and give that to Optus. Then you can enter in another plan for another phone or buy one outright etc.

3. Try send in the new phone anyway. They might stuff things up and accept it but you'll probably be waiting a while for an answer with no phone in the mean time.

0 Kudos
Kartika

Hi @stephb96, we will need to look into your account to confirm. However we don`t have access to customers account on this public forum. You will need to speak with our support team via the → messaging service to assist you further. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@Kartika,

Its not an account related enquiry. Can anyone on an Optus leasing plan return a phone other than the one Optus supplied?
0 Kudos