Hi, I am coming up to the end of my 24 month lease plan. I spoke to an Optus rep and asked what the conditions were when it was time to return the phone. They said that I just need to return it in the satchel that is sent to me.
I asked the question about the condition of the phone and they said it doesn't matter as I would have completed the 24 months. But reading the details in this post, it seems if my phone has damage apart from normal wear and tear, I will need to pay.
Can someone please clarify this for me.
You are responsible for returning the phone in good condition. If there is any damage then you will be charged for it (they just add it to your bill after inspection). You'll also be given a buy out cost if you want and can buy the phone. Essentially anything more than minor scratches will attract a fee - you won't know until you send it in.
1. can power on and off.
2. has a fully functional touchscreen and battery.
is not physically damaged (e.g. does not have liquid damage, cracked, discoloured or bleeding screen (LCD) or casing, does not have any missing buttons or damage to other components such as charging ports or SIM tray).
3. does not have any missing, disassembled, customised or non-genuine parts (this does not affect your rights under the Australian Consumer Law).
4. is not cracked (including the touchscreen) and does not have any severe scratches (normal wear and tear such as light marks and scratches are okay).
5. has any locking features disabled (for example, find my iPhone on iOS devices).
6. is not IMEI blocked.
7. is the phone you purchased from us under the mobile equipment plan.
So you want to hand the phone back? If that's the case you can just arrange to do that via a store. It will be assessed and you will be given 2 options:
1) A buy it outright price (unrepaired) and you get the phone back
2) A damage fee (and Optus keep the phone)
Depending on which you choose the amount will be added to your next bill.
PS This is a public forum. You'll need to speak to Optus direct to settle phone repairs.