cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Removal of Optus Leasing plans

Great stuff Mike and thanks for letting us know the outcome. There's definitely more to the stories behind the Optus scenes when it comes to the abrupt end of lease plans. It seems though that customers need to not just accept what's on offer and request a ending of the contract.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi, I did have to go on to a fix plan for 12 months to be eligible for the $99. As I don’t use much data so I went on the $39 plan for 12 months and I have my own device.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I got put on a lease contract 2 years ago when I asked to be put on a regular phone plan?
So the sales rep straight up lied to me when selling me the plan, what should I actually do about this?
Because I am really annoyed, considering how much I have paid for a phone that isnt even mine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

So say as such. Optus have essentially acknowledged that leasing plans were marketed in a misleading way. They were recently shutdown almost overnight.

Exiting an Optus lease contract with zero penalty seems just a matter of refusing to accept any penalty or inducement. I'm not sure if you can parley that into keeping the phone but I if you just confirm the misleading nature of the sale and request to be out (with the phone) then it seems Optus will eventually acquiesce.

The difficulty now is getting in touch with anyone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

I would like to pay for my damage cost $229.

Thanks and regards,

Lakshmi.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Lakshmi,

This is a public forum not an Optus service point. You will need to contact Optus directly and let them know.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I recently terminated an Optus lease plan early (month 15 or 16 of a 24 month plan) and intend to keep the phone. I just received a text message confirming what the phone will cost me, which is what I expected.

Question, though. I have already been billed for early termination of the plan (no problems) and the $99 end of lease fee. Will I have to pay the $99 and the cost of the phone?

That seems to be a bit of double counting and I hope I'll be credited the $99 once I pay for the phone.

Thanks, Robin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi there Robin,

Just echoing Peter's previous response above, we don't have visibility of customer accounts here.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team can be reached 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ray,

I thought it was a general Ts and Cs question, not about my account as such. Do you pay the $99 PLUS the market value of the phone when a lease deal is broken? The $99 charge assumes I’m giving the phone back. It was billed automatically before I’d given the phone back, which was never my intention.

In any case I managed to get a response on the issue from the support team and the $99 will be credited back now that the phone return clock has expired. I’ll be billed for the phone as expected.

This may or may not help someone who had the same question or experience.

Thanks, Robin.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

That's what I anticipated by contacting Optus, thanks for returning to Yes Crowd to let us know 🙂 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos