Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Jesserinanne
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Removal of Optus Leasing plans

I’ll be inquiring about how to leave Optus without having to pay a fee due to this change. I can get far better deals with other providers and only selected Optus because I could lease. Poor form and very sneaky in the way this information was released. Apparently this was decided back in late July and only today did I get a text message to tell me it was happening. BS.

Timmb
New Contributor
New Contributor

Peter, you do make a few great points. As the thread is a large one I can’t say that I am familiar with all of your points. One additional point I would like to make, and it is a similar situation to the end of CDMA, is that most people would not have made the decision to lease if they were aware that it would ending during their contract. Optus would have been aware that it was a possibility while a lot of these people were signing new leasing contracts. That being the case, Optus were not offering people the required information to make a fully informed decision. Telstra begrudgingly agreed to that concept, after an ombudsman complaint was made though, and as such were forced to make monetary compensation to those with CDMA contracts. You can be sure that if the roles were reversed in the private business sector, ie; the smaller entity (leasing customer) were to make similar changes mid contract to the larger entity (Optus), the larger entity would pursue the small entity for remunerative damages. 

pm7778
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

What a nice way to explain to your customers about your leasing options via SMS. 

Where’s my email or letter in the mail ??

wow thats professional and a great way to conduct business when you go to ring up SMB customer service (waiting on hold for 7mins) the person on the other side has no idea about the T&c’s or how to give me reassurance or options on what can be done. 

Start looking at your customers that have been with you for so long and show some compassion when a call is answered. 

If if one of my customers who has been with me for over 25 years got this level of service it’s a wonder why they would be dealing with an organisation like that. 

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@Ria69 

Yes in two months the option to upgrade your phone is still available. Choose the phone and choose an eligible plan (now only "regular" contracts) If you want to upgrade your phone again in 12 months on the "regular" contract then that is still available.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@Adamb_89 

Your existing contract is unchanged. You never had the the option to return the phone in good working order for $99. The $99 is specifically an "early upgrade fee" (i.e. sign a new contract and get a new phone). You could read the one page CIS for your plan to confirm this or perhaps get your lawyers to?

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@Genie101 ,

As per your contract the deal was for 24 months. At that point you are free to hand back the phone and walk away. You have other options too but that is one of them.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@Fii 

Your contract is unchanged. At 12 months you can upgrade to a new phone for $99. 12 months after that you can upgrade to another new phone (the price has increased to $149 for new plans). Read here for your full options

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@Susan_Gorman 

I would suggest I'm the only person in this thread trying to be 'helpful'. Most posters are confused about their situation and generally just shouting into the void. Definitely talk to Optus (note this forum isn't the place to do that: suggest livechat or facebook). No doubt Optus will have something to say on the issue at some point. 

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Jesserinanne
New Contributor
New Contributor

@petergdownload can you verify who you are, it doesn’t seem very official for an Optus rep to be replying under an account that’s not indicative of being a staff member and I can’t find you on LinkedIn to verify.

If you’re not an authorised rep, I suggest you stop replying to posts. If you are, then I suggest you find a more formal way to do so. 

pm7778
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I’ve already tried that and all I got was a person on the other side that had no clue and she was supposed to be in the smb team. 

Next option??