Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Akua
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Removal of Optus Leasing plans

I second your ideas, Optus did not say this before we signed the contract if they wish to cancel leasing it should be with new members not those who are in already. We also have a voice to be heard. Complaints will be made to the ombudsman.

Ria69
New Contributor
New Contributor

So I am 10 months into a leasing plan. At 12 months can I upgrade to a new phone on a non lease, regular contract?

0 Kudos
Adamb_89
New Contributor
New Contributor

We are currently on the leasing plan and we choose to be on a leasing plan due to the ease of being able to return the phone in a good working order with a fee of $99 in the first 12 - 24 months. Now that Optus has taken away this option we should be able to forfeit the lease we are currently on, our lawyers will be in contact with your department. 

Adamb_89
New Contributor
New Contributor

Ohbudsman will fix the situation, very easily. 

Genie101
New Contributor
New Contributor

Took out a leasing plan around February 2019. I plan to use the phone for the 24 months. What happens if I return the phone in good working order after the 24 months and do NOT want to take out another 24 months plan? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Charlotteupton
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I’ve just made a complaint with the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman, the fact that we weren’t even made aware of them pretty much cancelling our plans is beyond me! 

Fii
New Contributor
New Contributor

I signed an agreement plan with Optus that said after 12months I could upgrade my phone for $99. I am almost at my 12 month point.

If you cannot fulfill your side of the agreement I want out, and I will not be paying a cancellation fee and no one else should either.

0 Kudos
Susan_Gorman
New Contributor
New Contributor

Could I have someone from Optus address this? Peter is generally unhelpful in his response and cannot speak to Optus’ position. 

Duped
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Sure Peter. We'll quote you on this one.

"As for Optus communication, we'll there's no pressing need to advise customers as their contract terms remain unchanged"

You're basically saying that not being able to offer the leasing plan doesn't constitute the need for customers to be informed properly?  

Screenshots everyone! Save a copy of this thread.

Jesserinanne
New Contributor
New Contributor

Good working order means what exactly and who defines this? As others have stated they’ve been denied the upgrade for $99 for minor scratches is a major concern to me. It seems like it’s very airy-fairy and depends on what staff member someone interacts with. Minor scratches is normal wear and tear for a phone over a 12 month or longer period! Very concerned.