cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Zeo
New Contributor

Refund

I'm leaving out of the country next week and so I wanted to cancel my monthly 40$ auto recharge and get a 10$ recharge for just this week. I tried cancelling my auto recharge online, but there was no provision to do so. The only way was through the mobile app, which I couldn't access since I lost my phone 2 weeks back and have been using the Optus X lite phone which doesn't have that kind of app support. I called up Optus yesterday and the customer service rep told me that she checked my account and it shows that it's getting cancelled tomorrow and that it won't be getting auto recharged. "You have nothing to worry about".

But just now, I got a message that my auto recharge has been processed! And I lost 40$ which I can't afford right now, I'm a broke student for crying out loud.

How can I cancel that and get a refund? Someone, please help.

5 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Refund

First up check your bank account - Did you actually get charged?

Second you'll need to contact livechat and request the refund (Optus would likely mail out a cheque or possibly return it to the linked account). 

Peter Gillespie

New Contributor Zeo
New Contributor

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 9.09.25 AM.png

1) Yes, I actually got charged.

2) I had tried to live chat before and I tried again now, but the links don't seem to be working. None of the 4 links under mobile work for me. They can be clicked but only as simple html with no response.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Try a different browser (Chrome or IE?) as I also find sometime Optus account links seem to go "dead".

Also maybe try here - the livechat icon will be on the left side of the screen.

Peter Gillespie

New Contributor Zeo
New Contributor

The livechat links worked on Safari!  I wasn't able to get a refund for the currently credited amount. But they've agreed to give the next month free, so works out.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Sounds good. FWIW Optus always uses any credit in an account to first pay off a bill. 

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Top Contributors