cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Refund of prepaid sim

I want to refund a prepaid sim card that I have purchased after following misleading or faulty advice by one of the Optus Staff members in the Chatswood store. The employee advised me that the Optus Prepaid Epic Value was not limited to new customers only, but after i've purchased and attempted to activate it, i have found out that it in fact is limited to new customers. Now due to COVID-19 situation, there do not remain any customer service representatives/operators that will assist me with the refund of this, and I cannot refund this online as my account number starts with hidden - which Optus has stated that I am required to call. However, the problem is that when I do call, Optus is only accepting "emergency" matters which my issue does not categorise into. Please assist.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Refund of prepaid sim

Hi Won,

I'm afraid we don't have access to customer accounts here on our public forum so are unable to assist. Have you tried to arrange a refund by returning to the store?

Otherwise please contact Optus directly by leaving a message for further assistance. Due to the current situation please be aware we are experiencing delays, the team will reply as soon as possible. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Ray,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, I cannot say that you were helpful in answering my query.

The link you have provided hyperlinked in  contact Optus directly by leaving a message guides me to a page where it says that Optus Chat is closed.

Further, due to the COVID-19 situation, I would prefer not to visit an office.

Do you have an email address or any other alternatives (other than visiting a store or a link to a disabled page) that may assist?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Won

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Oh sorry about that Won, I wasn't aware of the temporary closure due to the amount of messages the team has received.

Only remaining option is if you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details. If not, please check the page at your convenience to see when the Messaging team has capacity again. 

If you don't have another active Optus account please be aware they may not be able to process a refund.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos