Searching...

Mobile

Re: Refund for Premium SMS subscription

Mike-N

@DaveVic71, could you please send us a private message with your phone number, full name and date of birth? We'll reduce your premium content spend limit to zero from our end. Alternatively, you can call the content provider directly using the helpline number found in one of their messages. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

linusnlucy

Hi

I phoned your partners at Mia Sphere, as instructed by Optus Customer Service over the phone. They charged my son who is a minor over $200 and they sent me an email saying they are only going to refund me 50%. Nobody opted in or authorised these charges. 

Then I phoned Optus Customer Service to tell them that Mia Sphere won't refund me and they said they would escalate and phone me back. It's been over a week now and nobody from Optus has contacted me.

Thank you

linusnlucy

Mike-N

Hi @linusnlucy. I'm sorry to hear of both the charges you and your son have received and that you haven't received a call back. Could you please send us a private message with either the service or account number, your full name and date of birth?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

DaveVic71

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has replied and assisted me with this issue it's all sorted now. I am very happy with the outcome 

Yours Sincerely 

Dave

Nam_L

Thanks Dave Smiley Happy

As Shae mentioned, we're always happen to help out. Take care and have a good one. 

AnnaB

Hi,

I have the same problem with premium sms. Just realised what a nasty gift was included in my bill. I've never subscribed to any of them and haven't given my consent to receive any fee-based sms, and as many of us will do - I'm ignoring majority of unsolicited messages. In my case I was charged twice by 'Play Zone (19909898). I have no idea what this could be. What is more irritating is that they charge a maximum fee of $6, so I don't want to put up with this scam. How do I get a refund for this unsolicited sms?

A lot of people are spending their precious time to fight against the same scam. Why not to block premium sms by default, Optus? To me it sounds unfair that I have to invest time investigating this scam and how to prevent it (I've reduced my spent limit on this to $0), because my provider allows someone to charge my account without my consent.

I've lodged a complaint via Optus Complaint Form, but I expect the premium service provider will be unable to help (otherwise they would not charge random numbers without owner's consent). So what do I do next, Optus?

Toomey

Hey Anna, I can dispute the charges for you. Please shoot me a private message with your phone number, full name and DOB. 

DaveVic71

Hi Nam.

You are not going to believe this but this has happened again 2 more deductions in 8th of Jan and this morning? How is this possible 

Your Sincerely 

Dave

Gen_R

Hey Dave - I can see that the block wasn't submitted properly which I apologise for. I've since blocked it and credited the charges back. You'll need to SMS back STOP. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

DaveVic71

Hi Gen_r

It won't allow me to send keeps saying !failed

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
140 Kudos
121 Kudos
120 Kudos
78 Kudos
72 Kudos