cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Recovery of photos mobile phone replaced under warranty

Good morning, On 8 January 2020 I handed my iphone over to Tuggerah Store Code W9202 to investigate repairs. Yesterday I collected a replacement phone under warranty. Unfortunately I thought all of my data on the iPhone would have carried across to SIM card. The order number was BASC01579675.Is there any possibility of data being retrieved from the phone handed back. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated as I have lots of photos of my dad before he passed away last August 2019. Thank youKaren

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Recovery of photos mobile phone replaced under warranty

iPhones are meant to back stuff like photos up. Have you logged into your iCloud (with iTunes?). Generally you can restore content down to your new phone but not sure if you have to set up a backup in the first place.

https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/icloud/mm7e756df7fd/icloud

I suggest contacting the store directly as they may be able to contact the repair centre and find out if your phone is still kept somewhere. I assume you could turn the old phone on still?

They will probably tell you that it is your responsibility to back up everything before you hand phones back (as they routinely wipe everything while investigating) but hopefully someone will at least try look into it for you.

Good Luck
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Recovery of photos mobile phone replaced under warranty

Hi KarenVella,

Some good suggestions by Peter, checking iCloud would be the best place to start. 

As far as I'm aware when submitting a repair either the Optus person goes through a checklist with you, with one of them being have you backed up your data, and/or when you sign the paperwork it is mentioned on there you agree to the T&Cs that data may be lost if not backed up.

I'm afraid it's not something we'll be able to assist with here as we don't have visibility of customer accounts. You will need to contact Optus directly with the Tuggerah Store likely the best option. 

Really hope you're able to recover them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors