cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Recovery of old number

Hi, i need help with getting my old number from 2014 back. I really need it to access really important thing's on my old Facebook that i cannot access due to not having that number anymore. My parents both past away and that facebook account has messages from them to me that are so meaningful to me that i would love to be able to read them again. The only way that can happen is for me to get my old number thats linked to that facebook. Please help
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Recovery of old number

@Treno86  Note: Yes Crowd cannot access or view customer accounts/orders.

Numbers are returned to the pool to be recycled after 6 months.  Calling the old number and receiving a message that the number is unavailable does not mean that the number is not in use as you receive a similar message when you try to call a service that has a data only sim. 

I am an Optus subscriber, just trying to help.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Recovery of old number

Sorry, but at this stage you can consider the number gone.

Almost all online security options have secondary options available. I suggest your best bet is to contact Facebook again and see what they can do to authenticate you and open the account.

Alternatively if your parents had a will then someone will be executor of their will and they can gain access to your parents Facebook accounts? If they had no will then next of kin can get a grant to become the executor at the high court.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors