Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
twen777
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Recovering disconnected mobile number

How long does it take Optus to reconnect a disconnected Optus mobile number? The number has only been disconnected for 2 weeks.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Sarah_YC

Re: Recovering disconnected mobile number

Hi @twen777

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing some issues when trying to re-connect your number.

Please note that we’re unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd. Hence, we'd request you to send a Private Message to Optus on Facebook or a Direct Message on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

twen777
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

No Optus “expert” has been able to resolve my situation of recovering my disconnected Optus owned mobile number. I had been using that number for at least 20 years and desperately need it back. Why is it so difficult to assign a specific unused number to a sim card?
0 Kudos
Ness_YC

Hey @twen777, thank you for getting back to us. We're sorry that you're still waiting on a resolution to your enquiry. Typically re-connections take between 15 minutes to 4 hours, but there may be delays depending on the circumstances of your re-connection or if an error has occurred throughout this process. 

We would like to check the status of your re-connection request. If you've already contacted our Customer Care or Messaging Team via the My Optus App, could you please send through a Private Message on our Official Facebook or Twitter page? Once sent, our Social Media Team will be more than happy to investigate. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.