cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Recontracting/self service how to do it?

Hi, i just spoke to a optus team member via online chat. they were helpful, They said i could recontract self service but how does that work exactly is it how you upgrade to new plan same thing? I am waiting for the iphone 12 pro to go on pre order tonight to change my plan to hopefully that one!

Anymore information would be appreciated on the self service part.

๐Ÿ˜Š

0 Kudos
17 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Recontracting/self service how to do it?

Hey there @Mia88. If you are seeking at pre-ordering the new iPhone 12 Pro, you can have this done via our website when the pre-orders go live at 11 PM tonight. This will be the way you "self-service" your order. If you have any other questions, feel free to let us know. 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Okay good to know, and that is also recontracting and upgrading they are the same thing? thanks for the reply! ๐Ÿ˜€

0 Kudos
Highlighted

No worries @mia255, and yes indeed they are. Re-contracting is just another term we use to refer to our Upgrading process for our customers. I hope that helps out and let us know if there are any other questions you may have ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Okay great that does help! thankyou very much! im excited for the new iphone and recontracting been with optus a few years now and had 2 plans now with no hassle! ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I also am wondering, as i currently have my bill for this month thats due today, i did get a extension and im paying it on the 20th, Will that be a issue or can it roll over to the recontract?
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey @mia255 I'm glad that you've had a pleasant experience with us so far. Please let us know if you need a hand with anything else.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I also am wondering, as i currently have my bill for this month thats due today, i did get a extension and im paying it on the 20th, Will that be a issue or can it roll over to the recontract?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Sorry for the same question just wasn't sure if you got it or not!
0 Kudos
Highlighted

@Mia255 As your service is charged on a pro-rata basis, this shouldn't be an issue.

If you would like to discuss this in more detail, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. Our team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

We're also available to assist via Social Media. Please send us a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors