cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor AnandB
Occasional Contributor

Recontracting & the $90 unlimited plans

Called Optus to recontract from an existing plan to a higher plan but have been told it's not possible.

I thought going to a higher plan would be allowed as essentially it's more money for optus  on a monthly basis. But nope.

In store once been told it should be possible but I'll be paying whatever my current monthly handset repayments are. I've been told I won't get the promotional bonus data and the current promotion of free netflix for 12 months on their postpaid plans.

I'm new to optus and it's only been 3 months or so since I signed up for a 24 month contract $85 My Plan Plus.

I want to go to $105 plan wick has 200gb data and free netflix etc

Could anyone tell me if this is possible?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Recontracting & the $90 unlimited plans

You can change the plan using the online plan changing tool, that'll be the plans you can use without a fee.

However, if you want to go the new offers, this triggers the "early upgrade fee". 

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thank you very much for your response.

The online tool said I'm on the highest plan and didn't show any options for me to move plans. 

However, I can see there are higher My Plan Plus family of plans available on Optus website. I'm on $85 My Plan Plus 24 month postpaid contract since 3 months.  Now I want to go one up to $105 My Plan Plus ore even higher to$125 plan as it's now discounted. 

I just need additional data and don't want to pay through the noise just for data by adding data pack.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thank you very much for your response.

The online tool said I'm on the highest plan and didn't show any options for me to move plans. 

However, I can see there are higher My Plan Plus family of plans available on Optus website. I'm on $85 My Plan Plus 24 month postpaid contract since 3 months.  Now I want to go one up to $105 My Plan Plus ore even higher to$125 plan as it's now discounted. 

I just need additional data and don't want to pay through the noise just for data by adding data pack.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

If i could get the bonus promo data and the free mobile tv streaming that'll be great but more data is what I'm after at least

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

This question pops up a fair bit on the forum.

You can only select out of the pool of eligible plans. Whichever umbrella your current plan falls under i.e. $85 My Plan Plus (Promo OCT 18) 

Generally, promotional offers are for new or recontracting customers. If you have any other questions, or you need a bit more clarification - happy to help out 🙂 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Top Contributors