Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Recontracting & the $90 unlimited plans

AnandB

Called Optus to recontract from an existing plan to a higher plan but have been told it's not possible.

I thought going to a higher plan would be allowed as essentially it's more money for optus  on a monthly basis. But nope.

In store once been told it should be possible but I'll be paying whatever my current monthly handset repayments are. I've been told I won't get the promotional bonus data and the current promotion of free netflix for 12 months on their postpaid plans.

I'm new to optus and it's only been 3 months or so since I signed up for a 24 month contract $85 My Plan Plus.

I want to go to $105 plan wick has 200gb data and free netflix etc

Could anyone tell me if this is possible?

Re: Recontracting & the $90 unlimited plans

Jeneral__Pain

You can change the plan using the online plan changing tool, that'll be the plans you can use without a fee.

However, if you want to go the new offers, this triggers the "early upgrade fee". 

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

AnandB

Thank you very much for your response.

The online tool said I'm on the highest plan and didn't show any options for me to move plans. 

However, I can see there are higher My Plan Plus family of plans available on Optus website. I'm on $85 My Plan Plus 24 month postpaid contract since 3 months.  Now I want to go one up to $105 My Plan Plus ore even higher to$125 plan as it's now discounted. 

I just need additional data and don't want to pay through the noise just for data by adding data pack.

AnandB

Thank you very much for your response.

The online tool said I'm on the highest plan and didn't show any options for me to move plans. 

However, I can see there are higher My Plan Plus family of plans available on Optus website. I'm on $85 My Plan Plus 24 month postpaid contract since 3 months.  Now I want to go one up to $105 My Plan Plus ore even higher to$125 plan as it's now discounted. 

I just need additional data and don't want to pay through the noise just for data by adding data pack.

AnandB

If i could get the bonus promo data and the free mobile tv streaming that'll be great but more data is what I'm after at least

Solution

Dan_C

This question pops up a fair bit on the forum.

You can only select out of the pool of eligible plans. Whichever umbrella your current plan falls under i.e. $85 My Plan Plus (Promo OCT 18) 

Generally, promotional offers are for new or recontracting customers. If you have any other questions, or you need a bit more clarification - happy to help out Smiley Happy 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
140 Kudos
120 Kudos
119 Kudos
78 Kudos
73 Kudos