cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Recharge and Win

recharge and win asset.png

Between 30 September 2019 and 8 December 2019, you’ll be rewarded for every Prepaid Voice Mobile recharge of $30 or more with an instant reward. In addition to this, every $30 or more recharge will receive an entry into a major prize draw. 

How it works 

Recharge: Recharge $30 or more on any Prepaid plan between 30 September and 8 December 2019

Receive your reward: You'll receive an option to claim an instant reward. There are millions of rewards up for grabs

Secure your entry into the major prize draw: You'll be automatically entred into the major reward competition which will be annouced fortnightly 

Remeber, your request must be claimed before your next recharge, otherwise you will not be able to receive a voucher code to redeem a reward. 

Instant rewards

Partner

Instant Reward

Flight Centre

$100 off a $1500 package at Flight Centre.

Anime Lab

45 day Anime Lab ad-free Premium subscription

THE ICONIC

$30 discount at THE ICONIC when you spend $150 or more

Strike Bowling

Strike Bowling free game of bowling for one adult or child

Sky Zone

Sky Zone 1 hour of free jumping

Holey Moley

Holey Moley 9 holes of mini golf for 1 person

Escape Hunt

Escape Hunt 1 free game

Raging Waters Sydney

Raging Waters Sydney 1 free admission pass

Delta Force Paintball

Delta Force Paintball Sydney 1 free game including entry, equipment and 20 paintballs

Kanga Karate

Kanga Karate 5 free classes for 1 child

Step Into Life

Step Into Life 1 free personal training session for 2 people.

Artventure

Artventure 30 days access to online lesson library for kids

Art Eye Deer

Art Eye Deer 30 days access to online lesson library

My Fitness Kickboxing

My Fitness Kickboxing 3 free classes

GKR Karate

GKR Karate 10 days unlimited classes for 1

Grasshopper Soccer

Grasshopper Soccer 1 free child soccer lesson

Kinderballet

Kinderballet 1 free child class

Babyballet

Babyballet 1 free dance class

Major prizes 

Major Prize

Entry period (recharge on Optus Prepaid for $30 or more between these dates)

Prize drawn

Prize Pool 1

3 x 1 million flybuys BONUS POINTS

Monday 30th Sept to Sunday 13th Oct

21/10/19

Prize Pool 2

1 x American Music Awards Red Carpet Experience for 4 people (all expenses paid), held on November 24, 2019

Monday 14th Oct to Sunday 27th Oct

30/10/19

Prize Pool 3

4 x $5,000 Flight Centre Gift Cards

Monday 28th Oct to Sunday 10th Nov

18/11/19

Prize Pool 4

10 x $2,000 Visa Gift Cards

Monday 11th Nov to Sunday 24th Nov

02/12/19

Prize Pool 5

3 x Jeep Compass Limited cars

Monday 25th Nov to Sunday 8th Dec

16/12/19

How do I enter the Promotion?
Every recharge of $30 or more during the promotional period (30/09/19 – 08/12/19) automatically receives one entry in the major prize draw (details outlined below). This includes new pre-loaded $30 or more SIM packs purchased online or instore where Optus SIM cards are sold. If you recharge $30 or more than once on separate transactions, you will receive an extra entry each time.

With every eligible recharge, you can also claim an instant reward voucher. However, if you have opted out of Optus marketing, you must first join the instant reward part of the promotion in order to claim your reward. See T&Cs for more information or refer to FAQ: I have opted out of marketing messages from Optus. Can I enter the competition? 

How do I claim my Instant Reward?
Once you recharge $30 or more in one transaction between 30/09/19 – 08/12/19, you will be sent an SMS with instructions on how to claim if you have opted into Optus marketing.

You must claim your instant reward before you recharge again. You cannot save them up and claim them all at once. Please choose your instant reward carefully. Venues and locations vary and are not available in all states.

If you have opted in to receive marketing messages from Optus, you will automatically receive an SMS asking you to choose your instant reward, shortly afterwards.

If you have opted out of receiving marketing messages from Optus, you will not receive this SMS. In order to receive an Instant Reward , simply send the word ‘WIN’ to 7777.

To find out how you can check your marketing preferences, click here. These SMS's usually take 15 min but can take up to 72 hours in some circumstances. 

I have opted out of marketing messages from Optus. Can I enter the competition?
If you have opted out of receiving marketing messages from Optus, you will automatically be entered into the major prize draw during the promotion. You will not receive emails or SMSs about the Major Prize draw, unless you opt into Optus marketing. For all terms and conditions, including the dates of the draw of the major prize, you can go to www.optus.com.au/rechargeinclusions.

Only customers who have opted in to receive marketing from Optus can claim an instant reward. To join the instant reward part of the promotion and claim your instant reward, simply SMS the word ‘WIN’ to 7777. You will need to continue to do this during the promotional period if you wish to claim your Instant Reward after each recharge of $30 or more during the promotion.

To find out how you can check your marketing preferences, click here.

I tried to claim my Instant Reward but did not receive it. What do I do?
Please check the reward code in the offer and SMS it again 7777. If you still haven’t received your voucher code by SMS within 72 hours of choosing it, please contact us.

The best way to get in contact with us is via Optus Messaging in the My Optus app. Get in contact with Optus via Live Chat. Alternatively, ask our Yes Crowd community.

I can’t find my Instant Reward code. What do I do?
If you have recharged and claimed an instant reward but have not received the voucher code or you have lost it, simply SMS the word ‘VOUCHER’ to 111 and we’ll send it to you again. The SMS response usually takes 15 min but can take up to 72 hours in some circumstances. If you haven’t received your voucher code within 72 hours, please contact us.

The best way to get in contact with us is via Optus Messaging in the My Optus app.Get in contact with Optus via Live Chat. Alternatively, ask our Yes Crowd community. See the full list of FAQs here.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Recharge and Win

Why does what should be a very straight forward play to win competition need pages of fine print to explain how it works?

This appears to be an excessively confusing promotion by Optus that is almost guaranteed to leave customers upset and angry . Optus is a major player in the Telcos industry and yet keeps finding ways to remind customers of caveat emptor.

Optus refusing to confirm a winner unless they agree to marketing? Prizes forfeit if you recharge? Selecting a prize possibly not actually available anyway (no second picks)? No indication of the numbers of prizes available? Most "prizes" requiring a much larger outlay of cash to claim? (Are Optus modelling this competition on the Nigerian scam?)

One good thing about this competition is everything is very detailed up front. But most customers will never read that and most sales staff will gloss over it. Why not just have a straight forward five away?

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
New Contributor emanyi
New Contributor

Re: Recharge and Win

I think their main website explains the promo a lot clearer than this blog post.. just my two cents!

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/mobile/prepaid/recharge-and-win

Top Contributors