Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Recently paid bill charged my card twice

Ray_849

Earlier this evening I paid my bill (of $56.28) and I'm certain I confirmed and clicked the payment once. I usually always make it a habit to check my netback account after to make sure that the transaction is pending once. This was when I noticed it went through twice, two charges of $56.28 on the same date. I then went onto my Optus account and there wasn't anything listed in the history to say there was 2 x payments of 56.28, it only said the payment I made is pending with 1 x charge on my Optus account. However my netbank statement has it pending for two of the one transaction I paid for which is listed under PENDING - OPTUS LONG DISTANCE SYDNEY for the same date (Saturday 30/08/2014). I read a similar issue like this on the Optus Community forums, although that was for prepaid. I'm just wondering what happened and really hope this issue can be addressed. Thanks

Re: Recently paid bill charged my card twice

JustinB

Hi Ray_849 - if you have made multiple payments then your account would go into credit of $56.28. We can definitely investigate this for you further, to confirm that the second payment has hit our system. Can you please send us some info via our online form & we'll be in touch?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

madpunter01

Seems I am not the only one with this issue. I often pay one of my bills twice and see where the outstanding credit has been married off to my next bill the following month, but I am pretty sick of it because it occurs when I do not get the confirmation page up.

Today I paid my bills as normal and again the 2nd bill payment did not show it was confirmed although I definatily pressed "Confirm" 

I waited until I had completly unloading the dishwasher and loaded it up again with the dishes from last night, about 10 minutes, still no resolution. 

I will now wait until Monday to see if my account has been charged for the two bills paid. For a telco the site sucks, as somebody said "could be time for a change'. (I have been with Optus for at least 10 years.)

Pete

Hey madpunter01, this is a strange one :/ If you've made the payment via credit card, please click HERE and on your bottom right hand side click 'Previous Payment'. This feature will allow you to check to see if a payment was made to your account via credit card. Let us know how you go. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

madpunter01

Thanks Pete but I do not know my account ID so it was easier to look at my credit card statement after a few working days had elapsed, and no, the payment had not gone through so I have paid that now and all seems fine.

Seems the site plays up when I have more than one payment to process,

Cheers

Leogatron

I am currently dealing with this same frustrating issue myself.

I always pay my bill on time and have always used the Optus Yes app to pay with a debit card. 

I know for a fact I hit the button once, yet after checking my netbanking account immediately afterwards, there were 2 identical transactions of $112.43 Optus - Pending in my transactions history. 

I immediately contacted Optus through live chat and was reassured several times that only one payment was processed and that the other transaction would be released back into my account within 24hrs. 

A week later and I am still looking at this $112.43 pending transaction and I am furious. After trying to contact Optus through live chat yet again I was simply told to talk to my bank. I have tried getting through to my bank over the phone but I am always forced to wait on hold for over 20mins.

I am extremely angry about this because no one is taking responsibility for it. I try to pay my bill on time, get charged double, Optus won't take responsibility, the bank won't take responsibility, meanwhile I'm $112.43 out of pocket and unable to pay my rent. 

OPTUS. PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS.

CLEARLY THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOUR PAYMENT SYSTEM. 

Please do not think for a second that I will allow this to be credited to my next bill because Optus had NO RIGHT charging me TWICE for the same bill in the first place. 

I WOULD LIKE MY MONEY BACK PLEASE. 

Vicky

Really sorry about the delay in getting back to you there @Leogatron- our teams have been under the pump lately with higher than anticipated service levels and we're trying to get back to everyone as quickly as possible. Since this post have you had a chance to chat to someone who was able to look into this for you? If you're still needing a hand with this please chat to one of our team members here → http://yesopt.us/chat2us so we can get that looked into for you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Leogatron

Hi Vicky, thanks for the reply. No, no one has helped me with this. I would like someone to explain to me how this happened and why customers are forced to remain out of pocket in the meantime? 

Vicky

@Leogatron - I can appreciate that this would be frustrating and not at all the experience we want you to have. Double transactions isn't something that frequently occurs and from experience it generally happens if it was processed twice. I understand that you believe this wasn't the case however our system isn't able to generally withdraw money from an account without permission (either via manual or direct debit set up). When we are alerted to this occurring, our process is to wait until the funds land in the account so that we can reverse the charges from our system.  Generally speaking, we would recommend contacting your bank to cancel the transaction as we have no way of reversing it until it lands in your account.

Once we process a refund, it takes 1-2 business days for our system to process it -  the funds will be released from our system and the processing time will depend on your financial institute. Can you confirm if you've since requested this refund and if you have a reference number? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Leogatron

Thanks for your efforts but I feel I am being provided with more excuses than solutions. I think I'll just take my business elsewhere. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
131 Kudos
128 Kudos
99 Kudos
86 Kudos
56 Kudos