cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Recently paid bill and payment was taken twice

On August 22nd I paid my Broadband and Home Phone account and it went through twice. Rang Optus the next day and was told I must have refresehed the browser. My account is now $85.39 in credit. Tonight 31st August I paid my Mobile account and it also went through twice so I presume that I will also be in credit on that account. My issue is while it's ok to be in credit occassionally I don't want it to happen everytime I pay my bill. I am not asking for a refund I just need the problem looked at as it's the only way of paying my account.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Recently paid bill and payment was taken twice

@hdg - Sorry aboout the late reply there. Can I get you to confirm if you're processing your payments online (http://www.optus.com.au/paymybill) or via the My Optus app? Really odd that it is coming through twice. Generally speaking, if the payment button is pressed once, only one payment should come out. If you can provide some more information we'd be more than happy to take a look and discuss your options to ensure only one payment comes out of your account. Alternatively, please chat to us here → http://yesopt.us/chat2us.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Vicky Thanks for your reply. I paid my Bills on optus my account dashboard. On the mobile account the receipt numbers were 271697 and 271692 on the internet bundle the receipt numbers were 281319and 281320. I am sure I clicked on confirm once on each occassion especially the second time after it happened the first time. Do you think it would be better to set up a direct debit?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hmmm... yeah, if you've only pressed the payment button once, only one payment should come out.

If you've overpaid an account, you can leave the extra / incorrect payment on the account, to go against your next bill (this is automatic) or you can request us to transfer the credit to another Optus account or reverse the credit back to your credit card. Check out this link for more info. 

Other ways to pay your Optus bill include setting up Direct Debit or via BPAY. Check out this link for more ways to pay your Optus bill!

If you can send through your account details to us here, we'll take a look into your account and provide more suggestions 🙂  

0 Kudos
Top Contributors