cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
jleybourne
New Contributor
New Contributor

Received second note 8 today : Arrived with 2 perfect scratches and a deep gouge

Hey, guys, I placed an order online for a note 8 and received one in store the one that has just arrived on the 25th arrived out of the box with 2 perfect angled scratches and a deep gouge in the screen this was directly after removing the plastic covering of the phone upon removing it from the box. 

What do I do here Optus is playing the customer physical damage card but the device has no signs of physical damage by the consumer. no drops no wear and tear no issues. but the 3 scratches from factory make it impossible to return do to the customer's fault? please help me out the device was technically DOA and I don't feel like paying for the contract for a device that arrived damaged.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Received second note 8 today : Arrived with 2 perfect scratches and a deep gouge

Optus are responsible for replacing the phone (technically you have the option of a full refund if you wish). 

Goods arriving damaged is something they should have a process for. Best to contact them again and explain the goods arrived badly damaged (yesterday) and you would like to arrange a replacement. Some customer service people might not understand this but you'll hopefully get a better informed one next time. 

Actually, the proceedure is outlined here:

What if my item is faulty?

In the event of a product arriving faulty or damaged or if you have been sent the incorrect product, a replacement item will be sent unless the item is unavailable at which a refund will be given. Please contact Cellnet on 1300 365 047 or by filling out the Contact Us form and we will help you process your request. Do not return any products without an authorisation number from our sales support team as this will be at your expense and you may not receive a refund.

To make a claim, you will need to contact our Technical Support team with your order number, name, address and a brief description of the issues with supporting images -please check the required information by brand as well, as some brands will require some additional information to be able to process your claim. Share as much information as you can on your claim - the more information and detail you provide the easier and faster we will be able to process your claim. Our support team will get back to you usually within 24 hours to work through a fast solution for you.

Anyway either approach should see you right soon. Let us know how you go as there are further option in the (hopefully unlikely) event Optus continue to decline the return.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
jleybourne
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Received second note 8 today : Arrived with 2 perfect scratches and a deep gouge

I called Cellnet and they mentioned they do not do mobile returns only cases.

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

They did have "accessories" in the site name.

Either way though the priciple is the same. Delivering damaged goods is something all companies deal with.

Note it may not apply to you (you'll want a replacement not repair) but Optus can maybe offer a temp phone

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Top Contributors