Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Received calls from a call diversion cutting out

[ Edited ]
AtomicMortician

Hello all,

I have a problem however I am not sure if it's on my end or my boss'. Sometimes my employer diverts his mobile phone calls to me however after I answer the call, within twenty seconds the call just ends (like I have hung up on the caller). It doesn't happen to any of the other employees, just me. It started when I upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S7 however it has continued through to my current phone, the Galaxy S9. Is there a setting I need to fiddle around with? Any other ideas on what could be causing it? As far as I know, my boss' mobile is also with Optus.

Any help would be appreciated.

A.M.

Re: Received calls from a call diversion cutting out

Yeldarb

AtomicMortician

I am not sure. Call waiting was 'off'. I have turned it on to see if that does anything.

Yeldarb

Actually I was thinking it might be on and that's what was causing the issue. It shouldn't cause a problem but given it's a call diversion I was wondering if it would behave differently. 

AtomicMortician

Time will tell. This has been going on for years now and it's driving me mental.I first thought that it might be calls made using a PABX system or similar, but now it seems to be all calls.

Yeldarb

That's all that comes to mind however one of the forum regulars or an Optus staff member may have a better idea.

Aman_B

Hi @ AtomicMortician - Thanks for reaching out.  Could you please confirm if normal calls drop out as well  or only the forwarded calls drop and does this happen just at certain places or everywhere? I'd also recommend using your SIM in a spare handset to check if this  happens again? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

AtomicMortician

Both diverted calls from mobile and landline drop out and it seems to happen everywhere. Calls made straight to my phone (non diverted calls) are uneffected and do not drop out. The only spare phone that I have is the Galaxy S7 and the same thing happens with it as well. 

Shauna

Hrmm okay. Can you please send through a private message confirming your mobile number, full name and DOB?

We'll make sure everything is provisioned right on our end, however may need our case managers to look into this on further. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
79 Kudos
75 Kudos
62 Kudos
54 Kudos
49 Kudos