Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor nicolejrei
New Contributor

Reason for no Visual Voicemail?

Just haven't seen a reason why Visual Voicemail isn't given to normal (non-corporate) customers and contacted Apple that support is on the Telco end. I've moved from Telstra and I'm really sad to see that it isn't available on here and have advised our corporate ordering of phones/plans (1000+) to just stick with our Telstra iPhone SE plans. 

What's the issue? Is there anything we can do to help push along Optus to take on Visual Voicemail?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Reason for no Visual Voicemail?

If you are ordering 1000+ phones, this isn't a "normal" account anyway.

They haven't done visual voicemail for quite some time, and I don't believe there have been any firm plans to do this. It annoys me too but as I get a MMS message with the voicemail anyway, it does me just fine.

@Ray_YC perhaps you can shed some light on this one?

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
New Contributor nicolejrei
New Contributor

Since there's no disclosure I can see on the PDS about Visual Voicemail on either a consumer or business account, I used our corporate ordering as an example of how Telstra provides us value by ensuring that it's in the PDS we use.

I understand they are different from my personal account - it's more wanting reasoning and clarification.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

You will not find visual voicemail in the Critical Information Summary (CIS) because it's not a contracted part of the service, it's an add-on. Either way, Optus hasn't done visual voicemail at all and I've been with Optus since the iPhone5. 

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

If you search the forum for Visual Voicemail you'll find this question has been asked for several years. A specific reason/answer hasn't been made available, it's just that for whatever reason Optus has decided to not fully support it.

A fellow customer suggested an alternative that may interest you on the second last post on this thread.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor tsullydude
New Contributor

This just isn't good enough from optus.

All other providers offer this, its simply unacceptable. I signed up to CHOPTUS and then discovered this is not a feature. I took it for granted that it was a feature since EVERYONE else has it.

I will be leaving optus soon enough and advising my clients to do the same and encouraging anyone I know in a personal space to also do the same. Once people find out about VV it's really a deal breaker, such a cheap easy addon for them to enable and they just... don't? Their heads are not in the game.

Seeya optus, thanks for signing people up without advising them about a CRITICAL missing feature.

0 Kudos
New Contributor AlexM97
New Contributor

Visual Voicemail

I switched from Samsung to iPhone11 on a two year contract with Optus just for the reason of using Visual Voicemail which has been available on iPhone all the time. Soon I found out that Visual Voicemail is not available in Optus for non-corporate customers, i.e. it is only available for corporate customers. 

There is another service called Voice to MMS which costs you $4.99 p/m which is better than stupid method of calling to 321 to retrieve voice messages but you need to pay the cost. Visual Voicemail is available by Telstra and vodafone for many years. When I asked Optus staff in one of the Optus shop, nobody knew what Visial Voicemail is! 

I'm gonna cancel my contract and pay for the phone and switch to Telstra as Optus customer service is terrible. Lack of providing Visual Voicemail is not written anywhere in Optus website and nowhere in critical data summary. The only reference in in Apple website which not actualy a service provider. Shame on Optus for lack of communication to customers in this regard. 

Again as mentioned by others earlier, thanks Optus for signing people up without advising them about a CRITICAL missing feature, VISUAL VOICEMAIL.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors