Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Really Crap Reception

Peita

I switched to Optus a few months ago and I can safely say I’m really unhappy with the coverage and customer service. 

I was previously with Telstra and my daughter was with Optus. I was having problems with the Telstra service reception where we live and she always had great coverage so I switched. 

But now now we’re both experiencing problems on a daily basis. Reception going out and needing to turn aeroplane mode on and off every few minutes for hours just to get it to work. 

Tried all the troubleshooting things like resetting phone and resetting network setting etc but NOTHING works and it’s worse in the afternoon hours into the evening. 

Called customer support and all they said was “do the troubleshooting steps” 

any my suggestions would be great because right now as soon as my contract is up I’ll be leaving Optus as I’m paying $85 a month for some really terrible service. 

Re: Really Crap Reception

[ Edited ]
Ray_YC

Hi there,

Just confirming if you mean poor reception where you live?

If troubleshooting didn't work, did the Support team advise/acknowledge that there is a coverage issue there?
If not, it sounds like a bit more troubleshooting needs to be performed, e.g. try SIM in another phone, SIM replacement, etc. or if there is a network problem then you may be interested in the Optus Coverage Commitment to see if you're eligible.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Peita

I mean a huge decline in reception where I live and I’m not the only person having issues. I just today came across a post on a BSS page about this exact same thing with many other people experiencing the same issues in my area.

This is a recent problem as before November there was no issues. Since then reception has declined and now it’s so bad that I can’t make or receive calls in my house, I can’t keep a data connection for more than 10 minutes at a time for most of the day and for this privaledge I’m paying $85.

Support have said there are no issues in the area but that’s clearly wrong. 

Ive has this SIM card in other phones with the same issue and I’ve put my friends sim (Telstra) in this phone and has no problems. 

The coverage guarentee would be great if I could keep my phone but I cannot cancel the contract as I wouldn’t have a phone. 

Ray_YC

Have you spoken with our Technical Support team and have a fault refererence number?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Peita
I’ve spoken to whoever answers the phone. They’ve never transferred me. I guess just regular customer service and no I’ve never been given any number
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
130 Kudos
125 Kudos
100 Kudos
83 Kudos
56 Kudos