cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Reactivating Expired Sim

I went into an Optus store yesterday to get my prepaid sim reactivated and it still hasn't been activated, is there anyway I can get confirmation on it being reactivated or speed the process up ?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Reactivating Expired Sim

Hi there 

How long was the sim expired for? If the sim was in quarantine it may be a few days yet before its provisioned. Also if the number was orinally from another telco things can get tricky indeed. I guess be thankful they dug it up as year ago they'd simply say tuff.

Maybe they need a few more (Business) days. Hope it's sorted out soon! 

Btw I've escalated the thread to see if you can find out further info.

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Iโ€™m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply. It had been expired for a few months whilst I was overseas but the lady in store said it was still within the timeframe of being reconnected so I guess it may just be taking a little longer than usual as you say. And yes it's fantastic they have even looked into it as I assumed it would be gone forever so fingers crossed it gets sorted out. Thanks again for your reply.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Oh ok. So at least it's was within the six month from its last expiry thing as it's certainly harder to get after that. Good luck ๐Ÿ˜‰

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Iโ€™m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Hey TACrow,

Any luck since you first posted?

We usually don't reactive an old SIM card, rather reactivate the number and use a new SIM card.

If you'd like to message me your details I'd be happy to check this out for you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

No luck so far unfortunately.

I too assumed I would've recieved a new sim but the woman in the shop assured me they could just reactivate my current one.

Will send you a message now, thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks TACrow,

I've received your details.

Checking it out now.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Judging by that Marie got things sorted.. One one thing that this support forum has over the rest is the rapid interaction with folks from the Optus team that can indeed dig through the BS and get things done ๐Ÿ™‚

Top stuff! And thanks for your patients TACrow.

Cheers Dave

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes, Marie has been fantastic.

I'd like to thank you both for helping me out I really appreciate it.

Highlighted

Aww thank you! 

I'll pass this on to the team.

0 Kudos