cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
PrasadB
New Contributor
New Contributor

Reactivate expired Sim card - Living overseas!

Hello, currently living in the UK. I have a prepaid Optus Sim card that I keep to get txt alerts for banking etc. I normally top it up every few months but forgot to a couple of months ago and now it's expired. Is there a way I can get it reactivated?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
markdennis
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Reactivate expired Sim card - Living overseas!

you can still reactivate if the number still under your name, you also be needing a new sicmard to actvaite service

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Reactivate expired Sim card - Living overseas!

Hey @PrasadB, we get that these things can happen. I'm sure we'll be able to help out. There's a couple of factors at play here.; If the mobile number was a brand new number given to you when you'd signed up for the service, then we should be okay. These numbers are quarantined for a period of 6 months. After this timethe number is then released back into the pool of available customers and can be allocated to another customer. We suggest getting a friend or family member to pick up a $2.00 SIM card from their local Optus store. You'd just need to quote the SIM card number back to us and we'll allocate your existing number back. 

If the number was originally ported in from another provider then the number will have been released back to the donor carrier. The number will be quarantined on their end. You should be able to have them pull the number out and activate it onto a prepaid SIM card. You'd then need to transfer back to Optus. 

Let's hope the first paragraph applies in your situation. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos