Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Reactivate an expired pre-paid sim

Recently my pre paid since was cancelled due to not recharging, I was wondering if it was possible to reactivate with the same phone number?

Cheers

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Reactivate an expired pre-paid sim

The number is still associated with your SIM. Just recharge it via the Optus website as usual and you're good to go. You only lose the number of you don't recharge for over 6 months since last going inactive.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

If I'm reading it correctly I think that's the circumstance Goatsoup is in?

You would need to contact Optus to see if it is possible.

Please Chat with us (before attempting to recharge) for further assistance with this one. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Ah, so formally 'cancelled' after the 6 months has past? Then yes that might require more intervention and some luck.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Reactivate an expired pre-paid mobile number

Hi,

My Mobile number was with Optus MVNO from 2012 to end of 2018 and got suddenly deactivated after un use for while. Recently, I got to know that and I tried calling that number to see whether it is still active and running. When I called, I get a message "Optus advise that the number you have dialed has been disconnected". That seems quite obvious that it is still inactive and not assigned to any one.

I would like this number to be re-activate and use it.

Can you please check and advise to reactivate this?

highly Appreciate your help in this matter.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Reactivate an expired pre-paid mobile number

Hey vangareddy

This is not something that we'll be able to assist with on Yes Crowd, you'll be best to contact one of our support teams. You can give us a call on 133 937, or feel free to send our social media team a message on either Facebook or Twitter. 

0 Kudos