cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Ridgey
Occasional Contributor

Random overseas Callers

I keep getting random overseas callers who dail my mobile  but call stops ringing after 5 secs. Is this a scam ? How do I stop these numbers dialling my mobile ? Can these be barred ?

(eg. 038973298088 , +38973298080, +33825934013, 033825835047, +992601000948, +12505780200, +261337916161)

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Random overseas Callers

Sounds like autodialers. If you answer the number is noted and you're either passed onto god knows (Scammers, sellers, religious zelots, political campaigns)

Unfortunately no easy way to block calls properly. The phones have a place in settings to block them but you'll usually still get a single ring and they'll go to voice mail (which is bad IMO as it registers as a connection to them). 

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Re: Random overseas Callers

Hi

If you have an Android phone and are prepared to block a country try this app - Mr Number-Block.

No experience of it myself but worth a try.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Top Contributors