cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Raincheck and Backorder process

We know that when the latest phones or tablets are released you want to get your hands on them as quickly and as smoothly as possible. 

Sometimes due to high demand stock runs out before demand does. In which case, your order might be placed on backorder or raincheck. 

You may have been told you are on backorder or raincheck when you placed your order, here’s some more information about the process:

• Backorder means we’re currently out of stock and delays are expected so we can’t give you a time frame for delivery. We can place your order and will keep you updated once stock has been processed for delivery.

• Raincheck means we’re currently out of stock on your selected device, however we are expecting a new shipment of stock soon. We can place your order and will keep you updated once stock has been processed for delivery. The device will be sent to your address or the store of purchase, which we’ll tell you at the time of order.

What happens next? We'll keep you updated if we experience extended delays and once your order is packed and ready to go.

For more info on delivery? Visit our Support Page
Still have a question? Chat with us online

Here’s what you need to know about your raincheck or backorder tailored to your circumstance:

I'm new to Optus

If you're a new customer –welcome! Your plan will activate, and you’ll start being charged, after you receive your new device. If you’re transferring your phone number to Optus, you'll remain with your previous carrier until your new phone is delivered and we can transfer your number across.

I'm an existing customer

If your account number starts with 62, your new plan will start when your new device is delivered to you. If you’re not sure what your account number is, Here’s how to find it.

If your account number starts with an 8 or a 9, your new plan charges start when you sign up and then we’ll credit you a pro-rata amount for the period you were waiting for you new device. We'll let you know When your device is packed and ready to go.

I ordered online

If you ordered online, we will keep you updated through email/SMS. Once stock has arrived, we’ll let you know when your device is packed and ready to go.

I ordered in-store

The store will place an order for you and the device will be delivered to your address (unless the store member tells you otherwise).

10 Replies
New Contributor Madeleine2323
New Contributor

Re: Raincheck and Backorder process

So, since my order has been processed and it's now on backorder, I was told that the time frame for delivery is up to 10 business days. Is there really no way you guys can tell when exactly you'll get more stock in, surely with new products there has to be supply to meet the demand. 

New Contributor SadCustomer
New Contributor

I ordered the iPhone 11 Pro 256GB in Space Grey on 13th September, which went on backorder.

Today I was told that since this has been on backorder for more than 7 days, the order was automatically cancelled.

I was also told that in order to get one of these phones, I need to keep track of Optus' website for stock, and get back in touch with Optus to let them know that the model I want is back in stock to start another order.

Is this really the Optus backorder process?

Tags (3)
New Contributor MichelleCullen
New Contributor

I am going through the same thing right now. I pre-ordered a Samsung Note 10+ 5g, and waited and watched as those that ordered outside the pre-order window received their new phones.

When contacting Optus, I have been told numerous stories during the one conversation - we can't give you an exact delivery date, you will receive 5-10 days, I am sorry for your experience I promise you will have your new phone in 24-48 hours... then when the 48 hour window closes and you head back to chat to find out what is happening now, you are informed that your order had been cancelled for some reason (no one knows why) and the quickest and easiest way to get your hands on the phone is to go into a store and see if they had stock.

So we pre-ordered for nothing... still waiting for the phones, still waiting for the complaints team to get back to us even though when the complaint was submitted last Tuesday, we received an email stating someone would be in contact within 48 hours - 1 week later and still waiting. 

Spoke to the store where I placed the original pre-order today after they had been on the phone for hours with customer care trying to sort this mess out, when on the phone customer care blamed the store for cancelling the order, when the team member said he was the store that placed the order, customer care ran out of people to blame for stuffing up our pre-order.

We received no updates from Optus after our original texts confirming our order, no updates about us being on backorder etc (which should never of happened), just a whole heap of people giving us multiple different stories about why we haven't received our phones and many many empty promises about when we will receive our phones.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Oh no, that is definitely not how the backorder process works SadCustomer.

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.
If not, please Chat with us to have the order rekeyed. I can see on our website it is currently in stock at the moment. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor member2017
New Contributor

please provide us with some time frame for the new phones...

please provide us with some time frame for the new phones. I can't digest that Apple hasn't provided you with the next expected shipping date.
Tags (1)
New Contributor DDelaney
New Contributor

In the event Optus are unable to provide a S10+ phone ord...

In the event Optus are unable to provide a S10+ phone ordered on 2 October to take advantage of the Samsung watch redeemtion Optus was advertising on your site, does Optus have an issue if I return it if I do not have the evidence needed to get the $350 watch (reciept prior to 7/10/19).

MAny thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: please provide us with some time frame for the new phones...

@member2017 , it's always the case when it comes to Apple products. 

We're never given an exact shipping date. For those customers waiting on the fulfilment of their back order, you'll receive regular updates via SMS or email (depending on your preferred contact method).

Updates should come through on a near weekly basis until you've received shipping confirmation. You'll want to ensure that we've registered your most current contact details. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: In the event Optus are unable to provide a S10+ phone ord...

G'day  @DDelaney 

It's the order date that's of concern, not the delivery date. 

We'll be able to provide you with a proof of purchase in the form of your signed contract date. You have up until the 21/10/19 to redeem the offer.

You will need to have received your phone before you can redeem the offer (as you'll the need the IMEI of the phone). 

If you have any other questions for us, let us know. We're happy to help out in any way we can Smiley Happy 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor shortboard
New Contributor

I placed an order for an Apple iPhone 11 Pro (32Gb, Black) on the 29th of September and haven't received any updates as of yet. It would be helpful to have an update letting me know my order is still active but a shipping date can't be confirmed. I have to keep logging on to check nothing is wrong with my order.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors