cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Jun09
New Contributor

Re: REFUND FOR UNWANTED PSMS SUBSCRIPTION

I became a victim for this frustrating setting.
PSMS setting should be set $0 as default.
Otherwise, more and more victims occur and the money will go to optus and service provider 

because Optus permit this situation without cosent from users.

Sucks

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @Jun09, I completely get the concern here. We've recently been speaking with a number of vendors and I can assure you that measures are being put in place to increase accountability for third party content providers. We've actually cut ties with a number of different vendors. There are a number of customers that legitimately want to be able to use content services, i.e. for TV competitions, voting ect.

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Tash74
New Contributor

So I have just opened my bill and have been charged $48 for content services which I have never used. They came up as admagnet and when I called the helpline on the bill it says I am not subscribed to anything. I have been getting annoying push messages via sms but have not clicked them and deleted them straight away. I refuse to pay for a scam service. It's also happened to my husband. We never had this issue with our last Telco. How do we get this sorted out?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

Hey @Tash74 - we can take a look. Can you please send us a private message with your details? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey Natasha, thanks for reaching out. I've copied a response I'd posted from a similar thread. Hopefully it's of some use to you.

We do understand the concern and changes are being made in response to customer feedback. I'd suggest checking out the following threads.

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Changes-to-Third-Party-Content-Charges-for-Optus-Postpaid-and/...

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Changes-to-Third-Party-Content-Charges-for-Home-Wireless/ba-p/...

For the moment, we'd suggest jumping onto live chat → www.optus.com.au/livechat/pmobi. You'd need to ask the consultant to action the following for you.

• Ask that they set your Premium SMS spend limit to $0.00. This prevents any third party provider from charging your Optus account.
  • Ask that they raise a dispute with MIA Sphere Live. We're looking at a contact time-frame of 2-3 working days. Once the refund has been approved, it'll be credited back into your Optus account by the time your next invoice is due to come through.
  • We suggest paying the difference between the content charge and your monthly access fee. You will not be penalised whilst a dispute is in progress.

If you need us to follow up on your refund, message us back here and we'll gladly help out

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors