Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
hankchen08
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: REACTIVATING OLD MOBILE NUMBER

@Dan_C
G'day Dan, I have a very similar situation. Your answer is really giving hope to desperate people like me.

My old number was originated from Optus, and probably in quarantine period. Hope you could help.

I've sent you a message with my old mobile number, and D.O.B information.
0 Kudos
LateAgain
New Contributor
New Contributor

@Dan_C
Is sending you a direct request the best way to recover a number?
0 Kudos
Steven_YC

Hey @LateAgain - Thanks for sharing this here. We'll need to assess the situation and most importantly see if this number is still available to be recovered before we can confirm this for you. Each situation can be unique.

Could you send our team a message either through the My Optus App or through our Official Facebook or Twitter teams? They'll be able to look into this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@LateAgain

You're too late again. There's a fair chance Dan_C could have helped you but your responding to 3 year old posts. Dan has taken on other responsibilities. As well Optus now prevents any direct messaging on the forum. Also the forum mods can no longer access account information of help directly. The best they can do is refer you to Optus Facebook or the Phone App. Good luck in your search.

btw if the number has been disconnected more than 6 months then almost cetainly it is not recoverable.