cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Tsigana
New Contributor

RE : Voicemail with No Missed Call or Message

Seem be having issues of late with at least 3 voicemails a day coming through with no missed call evident and no message on the voicemail notification. The phone will notify of a voicemail via the standard text but there is no missed call and when you listen to the voicemail as it registers there is no message left. It's now becoming somewhat annoying on my Apple Iphone whilst my other phone which is Android doesn't have this occur. Anyone experienced the same?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: RE : Voicemail with No Missed Call or Message

Try putting your iPhone SIM into the Android device, if the problem reoccurs then it's your SIM that is faulty, get any Optus store to replace it.

However, if you do this swap and the problem clears up, then your iPhone is not connecting to the Optus network properly and is faulty. You'll need to start troubleshooting that, depending on the model, the steps vary a little bit. The first step would be to reset the network settings (this does wipe out saved WiFi network tho), SETTINGS > GENERAL > RESET > NETWORK SETTINGS (This does not remove any content or personalisation, just saved WiFi networks).

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
New Contributor Tsigana
New Contributor

Hi There,

Thank you for the response. It appears to be the SIM and will be seeing Optus today about replacing it.

Many Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
New Contributor NealJ
New Contributor

Did swapping out the Sim sort out the issue?I am having the same problem 😞
0 Kudos
New Contributor Tsigana
New Contributor

Hi Neal,

Yes, it worked....hasn't happened since.

Cheers

Kat

New Contributor NealJ
New Contributor

Thanks Kat? Great to hear.
Cheers,
Neal
0 Kudos
Top Contributors