Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
AlphaDizzyx
New Contributor
New Contributor

RE: $3 Day Unlimited Data Plan

Hey!

So I've been on this Dollar Day plan since day one right and its been bumped up to $3 for the unlimited text, calls & data. Now my question is.. is this plan even worth it anymore? Like this was an awesome plan since you know it would only cost me $1 for unlimited on everything. Does Optus have like a plan to just keep bumping this plan cost $1 every year to get people off it? I feel like that's the case to be honest haha. But yeah I just want to know if its worth being on this plan anymore. Like I've notice my download speed is at 10mbps and my upload speed is now 0.55 I'm lucky to even get 2mbps sometimes.

Cheers,

Dee

#unlimiteddata #dollardays 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steven_YC

RE: $3 Day Unlimited Data Plan

Hey @AlphaDizzyx - Wowzers, this plan was very popular a few years ago!

Presently, we're not aware of any updates in relation to this specific plan. You may be facing the slower speeds at the moment as this was configured to 3G speeds which isn't as fast as 4G/5G speeds currently.

We do have newer plans at the moment which do have a data limit at this stage. The speeds on most of our plans now are also a lot faster than what they were and the majority come with unlimited calls and text as standard, leaving data the only difference.

If you're after Prepaid plans you can click here or our Postpaid plans here. Both are similar in respect to flexibility with the Post-paid exception of a billing format.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

AlphaDizzyx
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: RE: $3 Day Unlimited Data Plan

Hey @Steven_YC!

First off I appreciate you responding to me. 😄

I know right?! It's such an old plan haha and I've been told by Optus support team that I'm very lucky but I really just want a plan that will be better to stream with since you know my internet is trash where I live 😞 So having this unlimited data plan was a lifesaver but unfortunately the speeds are horrible. Would you know any good plans that offer a good speed for streaming games as I'm a streamer?

Thank you!!
Dee
0 Kudos
Steven_YC

It would honestly depend where you're living and how much data is streamed @AlphaDizzyx

From a personal point of view, I have about 500GB worth of data and this is shared amongst multiple devices at my home. I use 4G as the sole internet solution for my household. I don't play games but do stream Netflix and Co quite a fair bit. The first step would be to understand how much data you were after. The Postpaid plans I have mentioned do have a fixed allocated amount and going over this is $10 per GB. I would suggest to think about Prepaid just for the first month so you understand what kind of data is being used. From there, you can perhaps understand what data package is needed/suited for your needs. They're all on Month-Month so you can change up and down as well.

If you check our Network Coverage page here this will give you an indication of what are offerings are (3G/4G). All our plans on Postpaid/Prepaid support 4G so should be fine for the majority of things, obviously where you live plays a big factor.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

"Would you know any good plans that offer a good speed for streaming games as I'm a streamer?"

Would help if you gave us your post code?
0 Kudos
AndrewC1
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@AlphaDizzyxIn addition to what Peter has asked for if you are using the phone as a hotspot for the streaming then you may want to have a look at the 4G home internet plan:

https://www.optus.com.au/broadband-nbn/4g-home-internet/huawei/b818

Or if you are close to a 5G tower have a look at the 5G plans:

https://www.optus.com.au/broadband-nbn/5g-home-broadband/5g-home-broadband-plan

Then you can get a cheaper plan for the phone as you do not need it anymore for streaming.

Be aware that your download speed may not improve if the tower is congested that you connect to or if there is something interfering with the signal between you and the tower ans as you already know when Optus work on the tower there can be interruptions etc.

Good luck.