Searching...

Mobile

Question about Optus Sports

Skyhorse

I have just sighed the plan$35 / month sim only plan. And it includes Optus Sports. I followed the steps by steps, downloaded Optus Sports APP, but when I tried to watch a live game, it still asks me to log in and pay for it? Why?

Re: Question about Optus Sports

petergdownload

Optus really should make this clearer as its a very reasonable question (and asked a lot)

Optus provide a monthly credit for Optus Sport in various plans. If you don't use Optus Sport you don't get the credit. If you do sign up and start paying for optus sport then your bill will look something like

Optus Sport                $14.95

Optus Sport Credit    -$14.95

Amount Due              $0

Peter Gillespie

[ Edited ]
Dan_C

You're right @petergdownload, we seem to be getting this question a lot.

Activating Optus Sport for new and recontracting customers. 

Customers who sign up to a new plan which includes Optus Sport will need to be opted-in. Your Optus Sport subscription will not automatically come as active.

How can I activate my Optus Sport subscription? 

Self-serve

Customers who wish to activate their subscription will need to confirm their eligibility via the Optus Sport eligibility tool. Once we've confirm your eligibility, you'll be prompted to create your username and password. Depending on your contact method, you'll receive an SMS or email confirming that the subscription has gone active. 

Once the Optus Sport subscription add-on has been processed, there may be a delay of up to 30 minutes before the Premium Optus Sport subscription is active and customers can log in.

Live Chat 

Reach out to the team over Chat. They'll add the required subscription bolt-on. You'll need to give them your preferred email address, we'll use this as your Optus Sport login. You'll receive an email from us with a link to validate your subscription and set up your password. 

As for how you're billed @petergdownload has that covered. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses to private messages will be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

petergdownload

@Dan_C

If a customer follows that process will they still get the $14.95 cost displayed up front? It seems the portal is used for both paying subscribers and people who have Sports included in their plans? 

Perhaps Optus could ammend the login screens (e.g. Customers with Optus Sports Plans please setup your account here Optus Sport eligibility tool.)

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted

Dan_C

It can depend on the system the service is provisioned in.

For example, our new system. If you never decide to activate your subscription, you won't receive the charge/discount.

For eligible accounts, when we do add the Optus Sport bolt-on, the discount is automatically applied.

For customers still within our legacy system, it works similarly.

If the bolt-on is never applied, there'll be no charge/discount. The only difference being that we need to manually apply the discount as well the Optus Sport bolt-on. 

I hope that makes some sense. 
You’re right in saying that there should be some copy includes to advise customers that they will not be charged and link them to the eligibility portal.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses to private messages will be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
173 Kudos
152 Kudos
119 Kudos
85 Kudos
83 Kudos