Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Purchase the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G from Optus

You can now purchase the Samsung S20 Ultra 5G from Optus.

Say hello to a whole new way of seeing, the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G features a 108MP camera, 100x zoom lens, the world’s first smartphone with 8K video recording at 24fps, advanced design and seriously fast 5G.1 

For the S20 5G and S20 5G+, click here

Samsung Glaxy S20 Ultra 5G front Display and back panel.JPG

6.9" Dynamic AMOLED2X Display                 Back with Quad rear camera 

Seriously fast 5G1

Stream, download, and post at seriously fast speeds with incredible 5G technology

1This device is capable of working on the Optus 5G network, which is rolling out in selected areas. Not available in NT or TAS. When not in a 5G coverage area, the device will switch to the Optus 4G or 3G Network where it is available. For more details, check optus.com.au/5GCoverage.

Pro-grade Camera

Capture details in stunning clarity with up to 108MP ultra resolution telephoto camera, 40MP front selfie camera and ultra-wide capabilities. It’s pro grade, only better.    

Space Zoom2

Go from back row to on stage with 100X Space Zoom including 10X hybrid optic zoom

2100x space zoom includes digital zoom, which may cause some image deterioration

8K Video Snap3

Get ready for the world’s first ever smartphone with 8K video recording capture at 24fps.  Video snap lets you grab any frame from the video as a crisp 32MP still image.

3 To view videos in 8K quality, a compatible 8K device is required.

Super Smooth infinity – O Display

Experience super smooth scrolling, gaming and cinematic viewing with an ultra-responsive 6.9” Infinity-O Display.

For full device specifications, click here

Pre-order FAQ’s

Q: How can I track my order?

A: You can track your order using your 8-digit order number sent via SMS or email. Please note, tracking information will only become available once your order has been prepared for shipping. Once we’ve dispatched your package, you’ll be able to track your delivery via StarTrack.  

Q: Can I place a pre-order if I wish to take advantage of New Phone Trade up?

A: Yes, but the New Phone Trade Up option is only available in-store. You must meet the Trade Up requirements as specified in your Critical Information Summary. We can only accept your old device if it’s in good working order. 

Q: Can I place a pre-order if I wish to Flex Upgrade?

A:
If you’re on an existing leasing plan, you will be able to Flex Upgrade. Please note, that leasing plans are no longer sold.

Q: Does the Galaxy S20 support eSIM

A: Yes, the Galaxy S20 5G, S20 5G & S20+ 5G will support eSIM.

Q: What does ‘5G Capable’ mean?

A: 5G capable device will work on the Optus 5G network when in an Optus 5G network coverage zone when it is available. Due to the very limited locations in the early stages of the Optus 5G network rollout, (currently 5G is available in limited areas of selected suburbs of Sydney, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Canberra, Adelaide, Perth, Melbourne and Central Coast) most of the time a user will see their device is on 4G rather than 5G. As more 5G coverage is rolled out, 5G you will notice your device linking to the 5G network more often. 

Q: I’m not getting 5G like I thought I would – can I cancel using the Optus Coverage Commitment?

A: No, at this stage the Optus Coverage Commitment only covers customers experiencing issues with the 4G/3G network.

Q: How can I find out if I’m in a 5G coverage zone?

A: Customers can view the 5G coverage map on the online ordering page under This device is 5G capable > Find out more. Learn more at Optus 5G - Mobile Coverage. 

Q: Do I need a new SIM for 5G?

A: No.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Pre-order the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G from Optus

@Optus wrote:

You can now pre-order the Samsung S20 Ultra 5G from Optus.

Say hello to a whole new way of seeing, the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G features a 108MP camera, 100x zoom lens, the world’s first smartphone with 8K video recording at 24fps, advanced design and seriously fast 5G.1 

Find pre-order information for the Galaxy S20 5G and S20 5G+? 

Pre-order now and receive a bonus pair of Samsung Galaxy Buds+.

Samsung Glaxy S20 Ultra 5G front Display and back panel.JPG

6.9" Dynamic AMOLED2X Display                 Back with Quad rear camera 

Seriously fast 5G1

Stream, download, and post at seriously fast speeds with incredible 5G technology

1This device is capable of working on the Optus 5G network, which is rolling out in selected areas. Not available in NT or TAS. When not in a 5G coverage area, the device will switch to the Optus 4G or 3G Network where it is available. For more details, check optus.com.au/5GCoverage.

Pro-grade Camera

Capture details in stunning clarity with up to 108MP ultra resolution telephoto camera, 40MP front selfie camera and ultra-wide capabilities. It’s pro grade, only better talktosonic.com.    

Space Zoom2

Go from back row to on stage with 100X Space Zoom including 10X hybrid optic zoom

2100x space zoom includes digital zoom, which may cause some image deterioration

8K Video Snap3

Get ready for the world’s first ever smartphone with 8K video recording capture at 24fps.  Video snap lets you grab any frame from the video as a crisp 32MP still image.

3 To view videos in 8K quality, a compatible 8K device is required.

Super Smooth infinity – O Display

Experience super smooth scrolling, gaming and cinematic viewing with an ultra-responsive 6.9” Infinity-O Display.

For full device specifications, click here

Pre-order FAQ’s

Q: How can I track my order?

A: You can track your order using your 8-digit order number sent via SMS or email. Please note, tracking information will only become available once your order has been prepared for shipping. Once we’ve dispatched your package, you’ll be able to track your delivery via StarTrack.  

Q: Can I place a pre-order if I wish to take advantage of New Phone Trade up?

A: Yes, but the New Phone Trade Up option is only available in-store. You must meet the Trade Up requirements as specified in your Critical Information Summary. We can only accept your old device if it’s in good working order. 

Q: Can I place a pre-order if I wish to Flex Upgrade?

A:
If you’re on an existing leasing plan, you will be able to Flex Upgrade. Please note, that leasing plans are no longer sold.

Q: Does the Galaxy S20 support eSIM

A: Yes, the Galaxy S20 5G, S20 5G & S20+ 5G will support eSIM.

Q: What does ‘5G Capable’ mean?

A: 5G capable device will work on the Optus 5G network when in an Optus 5G network coverage zone when it is available. Due to the very limited locations in the early stages of the Optus 5G network rollout, (currently 5G is available in limited areas of selected suburbs of Sydney, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Canberra, Adelaide, Perth, Melbourne and Central Coast) most of the time a user will see their device is on 4G rather than 5G. As more 5G coverage is rolled out, 5G you will notice your device linking to the 5G network more often. 

Q: I’m not getting 5G like I thought I would – can I cancel using the Optus Coverage Commitment?

A: No, at this stage the Optus Coverage Commitment only covers customers experiencing issues with the 4G/3G network.

Q: How can I find out if I’m in a 5G coverage zone?

A: Customers can view the 5G coverage map on the online ordering page under This device is 5G capable > Find out more. Learn more at Optus 5G - Mobile Coverage. 

Q: Do I need a new SIM for 5G?

A: No.

Samsung Gift with Purchase T's and C's

Available with the purchase of a Samsung Galaxy S20 5G, S20+ 5G or S20 Ultra 5G  device outright in an eligible Optus channel or on a device payment plan with an in-market Optus plan. Ends 05/03/20. Limit 1 per device, max. 2 per customer. New and recontracting consumer and SMB customers only (excludes TechFund and Fleet). Once device received, claim gift online using handset IMEI or serial number and proof of purchase between 9am AEDT03/03/20 and 11.59pm AEST 21/**private info**/20 via www.samsung.com/au/s20-offer/. Following online claim, you will receive an email from Samsung within approx. 14 days confirming if claim is successful. The gift will be delivered within approx. 30 days from Samsung’s confirmation email. Samsung T&Cs.

Same things in Galaxy J7

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Purchase the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G from Optus

I preordered mine on 27 feb but havent received the device yet, wasnt it supposed to be delivered on the 6th of march? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Purchase the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G from Optus

Hi Brandon, I believe if the pre order was before the 15th of Feb then the delivery was marked from the 6th, if it was after that date, delivery was from the 30th. 

0 Kudos