Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Occasional Contributor Bonz
Occasional Contributor

Re: Provisioning Letter

Hi dan c,

do you have an update for me? Who do I contact? Keen to get this sorted.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi @Bonz, no response from my contact yet..

It was actually the areas second in charge. Looks as though the manager is still on Christmas leave.

We'll see if we can source someone else. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Dan C.

keep on it. 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I have something that might be of use. 

Actually got this advice from @Paddylee, which I hadn't thought of at the time.

I'll send you private message @Bonz

If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor

Dan_C,

Where do I find the "Service Qualification Tool"?

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Sorry, @Bonz, I've only just arrived back in the office.

I've sent you a response to your PM.  We’ll chat there 🙂 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Edan88
New Contributor

I have the same issue. Consent condition of subdivision is Provisioning Letter or in their words "Utility Provider Compliance". We have an existing Optus Wireless service in place. We have no desire to install physically lines (seems very backward to still necessitate) and would be happy with our existing 4G/5G services. Can optus provide a "Letter of Compliance"? and if so how do we obtain ? I cannot see anything on website re this.

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Having proper access to the NBN would likely improve the value/saleability of any home/subdivision. 4G will indeed service probably 1 in 4 homes current needs but the majority will need a landline to properly meet their existing and future needs. Wireless has both advantages and disadvantages.

Dan_C is no longer active on the forum but I'll flag @Ray_YC maybe he can help or look up the PMs Dan made.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
New Contributor Edan88
New Contributor

Hi Peter thanks for reply/help.  I can confirm that as a developer it has no material difference on price, however physical installation does delay completion of projects (which does have significant cost implication). I realise goverment wants us all to go down the NBN road to recoup their investment, but as mentioned, we view this as legacy technology and would rather continue with what we believe more forward thinking and nimble technologies eg 4G-->5G-->XG etc. (Apprecaite others may have a different view on this - each to their own).

As we have wireless providing Telecoms Utility onsite, we would like to simply get from our provider (optus) the required compliance statement that allows us to complete our registration. Hoping you can help. So far we have spent an hour on Optus call centres without much luck yet.   I would think a great oportunity for Optus here should they have a process to support this.  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

As I mention here I don't really understand why some people believe wireless is some all encompassing solution when its plainly only that to a minority of households. Its definitely 'nimble' but last I checked houses aren't, so you're dispensing with the advantages of a wired connection (bandwidth and speed) while not gaining the advantage of mobile broadband (mobility). FWIW 5G doesn't actually exist and 4G has pretty much reached/exceeded capacity. "XG" scientifically speaking is currently in the realm of unicorns. Mobile broadband is great but building a house assuming it will be sufficient for most owners isn't really forward thinking Smiley Happy 

I'm not sure what great opportunity Optus has here? I don't see any money in it for them. Anyway, I've done what I can and alerted the mods  

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Top Contributors