Searching...

Mobile

Provisioning Letter

Bonz

I need a Provisioning Letter to provide to Council as part of my Development Application conditions for an approved subdivision. The conditions do not give preference to type of service just that a phone service is provided at the address of the subdivision. I know Optus has very good mobile coverage at the site. Can you please assist me by providing information on how to get or who to contact to supply the Provisioning Letter. Thank you.

Re: Provisioning Letter

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

Not my area of expertise but:

1) Are you trying to get a provisioning letter using a mobile phone as the service? I'd assume the council know you can always use a mobile but would be wanting a landline provision?

2) I believe provisioning letters are supplied by the wholesalers (So you'd contact Telstra if its a pre-NBN area and NBN if they are active in the postcode now)

Use the NBN link above or apparently a request for a Telstra Copper lead in has to be made via 13 22 00 (to get a provisioning letter)

But possibly someone else has further information?

Peter Gillespie

Bonz

I have confirmed with council that they are not requiring landline only and that mobile would cover the request. Mobile is not accessible everywhere so still need a Provisioning Letter re the mobile service. We are not in an NBN area and Optus own the tower that services our area.

petergdownload

God councils are dumb. They can't download a coverage map from Telstra / Optus and simply confirm the area has mobile coverage? 

Anyway, I can only suggest phone Optus (it may take a while to get an answer) and ask for the provisioning department.

Peter Gillespie

Bonz

Totally agree. It’s not rocket science. 

I have called Optus and got passed from department to department and each department saying they had no idea what I was talking about and advised I use this forum to get a response from the right department.

i think it’s called “going round in circles”

Come on Optus.....HELP!

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Dan_C

@Bonz

What you're asking for makes sense, I just haven't personally dealt with this type of enquiry before. I’ll need to find out which area of the business submits these sorts of requests

Essentially, you need an official letter which confirms that we offer coverage in your area? 

Did the council specifically use the terminology, "provisioning letter." 

Could be down to semantics, provisioning on our end refers to the activation of, or an addition of a feature to a service. That might be causing a bit of confusion. 

I'll reach out to a few areas and get their take. 

I've reached out to someone in Network planning, we'll see if we can an answer for you @Bonz

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Bonz

Yes,  a letter confirming coverage in the area and Council use the terminology "Provisioning Confirmation Letter"

petergdownload

I'm curous what happens if you can't get mobile reception? Is the council essentially saying you can't build a home unless there's a mobile tower nearby? Anyway @Bonz you're in good hands. Hopefully you'll find it more a straight line than a cirecle now.

Peter Gillespie

Bonz

And the reason given is "To confirm that a telephone service is available for connection to future development on the approved lots."

Bonz

If you have no mobile reception you must provide landline to each of the new lots in the subdivision ($$$) and get a Provisioning Confirmation letter from Telstra or council will not sign off on the linen plan.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
78 Kudos
74 Kudos
63 Kudos
55 Kudos
49 Kudos