cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Providing Account Details to Live Chat Team Members

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to share this story to see if anyone else has experienced the same. Recently an online live chat team member asked for my details like full name, phone number, DOB and then promised me to email me my account summary. But I never received an email -
Instead, I received a police report with his name and address in Perth. I do not know if this person is living in Australia or India? The current process of sharing personal information on the chat window itself is very dangerous- I think OPTUS should immediately implement a pop-up window to share our personal details rather than the chat itself.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Providing Account Details to Live Chat Team Members

I’m not sure I follow what you are saying about the popup? If you are using the link below the live chat is clearly identified as an Optus domain with enhanced security in the form of an ssl certificate.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply. I am getting several marketing calls from unknown numbers as soon as I complete a LIVE CHAT session with some LIVE chat team members. It looks like some opportunistic marketing team members, particularly from the team members from outsourced call centers are selling our full name and phone number to marketing companies like insurance companies. OPTUS can never stop their employees collecting these data in their own diaries - it is also highly likely that these kind of opportunistic employees leave OPTUS once they get enough data and then join another marketing company as salesmen and use this database collected from OPTUS to sell their own products . OPTUS should immediately implement a system where we can share a reference number and PIN code rather than our full name and phone number in LIVE web chats and over phone customer care support.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi, The problem is not in the technical system but the human system !  I hope OPTUS will implement reference number and PIN system soon. Thanks

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I'm sure the powers to be will read your post and take your comments on board. In the interim if you receive any unsolicited phone calls I would simply tell them you are not interested and hang up.

0 Kudos

Hi @Kaizan, you can certainly request for a 4 digit PIN added  to your Optus account. This means whenever you call us or contact us on Live chat you just have to give your Optus service number or the account number, full name and PIN to ID. To add PIN to your service please call 133937 and care will help. With regards to marketing calls from Optus you can  Optus out here → https://offer.optus.com.au/page.aspx?QS=5c591a8916642e739aa4cd3db70a6b6050732ad7c816fb363680051af7af...

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

I want to talk to one of Optus team members regarding my account.

Frank

0 Kudos

Hi @FPN, what seems to be the issue? Feel free to PM me Here and I can help. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos