Searching...

Mobile

Problems with My Account - Data discrepancy

GrumpyOldMan_10

Hi

I checked My Account and there is a real problem with prepaid modems. The overall usage shows ~22G used but when you go to Detailed Usage it only show ~15G in total used for all categories. A discrepancy of ~7G. I spent some time today with Live Chat and, after sorting out their arithmetic, there was no resolution. There was an IT issue raised and I can provide the number if anybody wants to have a look at it (I have screen shots of the offending usage stats too). I tried to look at the Recharge History for them but My Account has no records. I checked on my Paypal and it was well within the 90 days that My Account claims to keep records.

Is anybody else having problems with prepaid modems, usage discrepancies, My Account, etc

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan_10

Re: Problems with My Account - Data discrepancy

[ Edited ]
Yeldarb

It's not 7GB of unmetered content like Netflix or such is it? That may explain why the overall usage is higher than your actual usage.

GrumpyOldMan_10

Hi

Thanks for looking at this. No it's not unmetered content because it's shown as being deducted from my data. If it was unmetered it would show up on the detailed usage but not show on the overall data.

Overall Data

optus data 1a.jpg

Detailed Usage(?)

optus data 2a.jpg

Thanks for any light you can throw on this.

Cheers

GrumptOldMan_10

[ Edited ]
Yeldarb

Yes correct as wasn't sure from your comments if you were being charged for the data or not. Do both the detailed usage and the overall usage give you a time stamp as I wonder if they are in sync?

GrumpyOldMan_10

Hi

I had a look again and the larger amount which shows on the total usage does not have a date stamp and the Detailed(?) Usage shows a date and time stamp (current date/time). If there was a sync problem you'd expect it to be the other way around. Anyway looking at the Detailed(?) Usage figures and comparing it to the Total Usage shows a discrepancy of 50% which is a bit high for a simple day/date sync problem.

No, the My Account is pretty cactus if it can't even do something as simple as keep tabs on what data is being used. If there is a discrepancy could it be some unmetered content not showing up on Detailed(?) Usage due to a broken database entry but still being deducted from overall Data?

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan_10

[ Edited ]
Yeldarb

My first thought was it had something to do with unmetered content but it would have to be something hefty like 5 to 10 hours of Netflix. It is stated on the Optus website that a delay of up to 48 is possible with the data usage reporting and that in itself makes the data usage portal useless in my opinion. The delay makes it very difficult to know how much data you have used and how much data you have left unless you monitor the data usage yourself. On a mobile device that is easy but with mobile broadband it's almost impossible.

GrumpyOldMan_10

Exactly, you think you could expect something from the 2000s like detailed and accurate data recording. I mean if other providers can even do something as fancy as bar charts showing daily usage rates you think that somebody as large as Optus could do something that's at least accurate. My Account seems to be very damaged and almost unuseable for prepaid mobile data. I have to have two accounts because the system can't even handle adding extra prepaid servcies and you need to have some sort of control and information on the prepaid modems that they sell.

If my Detailed(?) Usage, which is date and time stamped, shows a lower figure than the overall usage rate, should I only be taking the Detailed(?) Usage as my actual and accurate usage figure? Is it time for an overall rewrite of  My Account (and underlying data recording) into something useable?

Yeldarb

Detailed usage on my data sim plan is only a daily amount and that really does not help me. Bringing the delay down to as close to real time as possible is the only thing that would work. Telstra has a delay of  10 minutes so the technology is already available. Smiley Happy

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
131 Kudos
128 Kudos
98 Kudos
87 Kudos
56 Kudos