cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Problems Switching From Prepaid to Postpaid

Just wondering if anyone can give me tips to speed up this long , and so far, painful process. My story is below:

On Wednesday 16/5/18 I switched my prepaid service to 12 month sim only postpaid by signing over online. I do not require a new sim to be sent so I thought this should be a quick and easy switch. Not to be.

By Friday 18/5/18 I still have no service. I go on online chat after work and am told (after waiting over 20 mins to be connected) that the "back end team" aren't available and I'd have to try again tomorrow. Fair enough I suppose, although I'm given no reason why it's taken so long to activate the service.

On Saturday 19/5/18 I get through on online chat and am told that my order is "stuck" at the credit check process. I am then told that they will put in a "complaint" for me and my service should be active within 24 hours.

Today (Monday 21/5/18) I still have no service. I again go on online chat and am told that my "details don't match" and  to send in a copy of my licence. I ask why was I not contacted earlier to rectify this? They answer "did you not receive an email?". No I did not (checked both spam and inbox folder).

It's now been 5 days and I still cannot make a call or send sms'. I've been a (relatively) happy customer for optus for over 15 years. That has definitely changed after this experience. If optus sport didn't have the rights for the world cup this year I definitley would have walked away and found a new provider.

Any advice on how I can fix this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Problems Switching From Prepaid to Postpaid

Simplest option might be to cancel the order get Optus Sport seperately?

Optus will let non-customers purchase a membership this year for $15 a month.

It does seem something has gone wrong with the ID and unfortuantely in this situation Optus don't seem to have a good track record of someone (anyone) taking ownership of the problem and seeing it through. I believe the wheels do keep on moving but it can take a while to see it sorted.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Problems Switching From Prepaid to Postpaid

Hi @Fradi - not great to hear of your experience trying to switch from prepaid to postpaid. Sorry for the runaround you've had so far.

If you're still needing a hand, can you please send me a private message with your full name, date of birth, and service number (for privacy reasons) so that we can investigate? We should be able to get a better idea of why it's taking so long. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Top Contributors