Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Val7127
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Problem with prepaid mobile broadband

Last year I bought a prepaid mobile broadband plan with a two year expiry. It has only been one year and Optus is now telling me I need to recharge. Has anyone else had this problem?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Problem with prepaid mobile broadband

I can't say I have read of a 2 year recharge and even if there was one it's only good until you use all the data and then you would have to recharge it again. Do you recall how you rechared it the first time and what the dollar amount was?

0 Kudos
Val7127
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yep . It was $130 for 22gig and 2 year recharge. I bought a new iPad in feb 2017 and bought the plan at the same time. I have not used all of the data. When Optus emailed me about recharging they said I had about 15gig left and this would roll over onto my new recharge if I recharged before it expired. You would find the deal if you googled Optus prepaid mobile long expiry. I don’t know if they offer it anymore. Some of the live chat people didn’t seem to know about it either but fortunately one of them found on my account that this is the plan I had paid for. 

0 Kudos
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Ok excellent you have answered my second question and armed with that information who or what is telling you it has expired?

0 Kudos
Val7127
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Everyone at Optus. I got a recharge message by email and contacted live chat and spoke with Hayley. She looked at my account and said it had expired but after further investigation found that I did in fact have a two year expiry but could not do anything about it. 

Here is part of our transcript . . . .

Chat Start Time Chat End Time Chat Duration Operator Interaction ID
Feb 09, 2018 16:31:53 Australia/Melbourne Feb 09, 2018 17:37:40 Australia/Melbourne 01:05:47 Haley INT-sv1appis12-1518153914568-12023

Haley (17:24:41 Australia/Melbourne) : I had a recheck on the plan and I see that you are on a old plan which offers 2 years expiry. ....

Haley (17:25:03 Australia/Melbourne) : I have raised an IT escalation on the account and you shall hear back from the IT team soon.

unfortunately no one has contacted me and the problem has not been solved.

0 Kudos
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Well that is rather bizarre. You would think they could at least add credit to it so you could use it however I don't know what that would involve on their end. I would contact them again and ask for an update on what they are doing. If they can't give you a time frame on a fix I think I would be speaking with the TIO.

0 Kudos
Val7127
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

What is TIO?

0 Kudos
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry, information on the TIO can be found on the link below. It would still pay to speak with Optus first and even politely mention that you may be speaking with the TIO if they don't rectify the problem in a reasonable time frame. 

http://www.tio.com.au/about-us

0 Kudos
Val7127
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Will do. Thankyou

Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Good luck!