cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor Telstra12
New Contributor

Privacy

My son took fake identity to get Optus plan he was in store and customer service notice it and called police are they allowed to call police and breach privacy act 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Re: Privacy

Yes

I understand they are legally obliged to.

Not only could you son be defrauding Optus phones obtained with fake IDs are used by criminals and terrorists.

Why did you son use fake IDs?

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Yes, shopkeepers are allowed to call the police when people come in and try to steal from them.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Telstra12
New Contributor

He didn't steal had went like any other customer with license and Medicare but the shopkeepers suspicious and called police 

imagine it was real I'd and they called police 

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Hi

In your original post you said your son took fake ID.

Even if he took bona fide ID if the shop has any doubts I believe they must call the police.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos