cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor xt_20
New Contributor

Prepaid roaming

Thinking of moving from Telstra to Optus prepaid.

Can I ask -

1) Does Optus have HD Voice on prepaid, especially Optus to Vodafone/Telstra?  I understand that there is no VoLTE which is a shame but not a dealbreaker.

2) I'll be travelling to USA for 9 days. Is it possible to have the 2x$20 data roaming (total 10 days) and the $10 travel credit concurrently, so calls and data are all covered?

3) Can I just purchase a $30 starter kit and transfer my phone number from Telstra prepaid?  How long is the lead time?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Prepaid roaming

Heya @xt_20. Good questions 🙂 

1) From my understanding, HD voice is a service that's delivered by VoLTE technology. I believe Telstra simply refer to the same feature as HD or 4G voice calling. Unfortunately, it's not something that's currently available on Optus Prepaid plans. 

2) We'll need some clarification on part of this one. You can definitely add a Travel credit add-on and Data roaming add-on concurrently, There's nothing in the CIS document which suggests that you can't stack Data Roaming Add-on's. My one concern is that rather than adding an extra 5 days, it'll be combined into a 20GB data pool with an expiry of 5 days.

3) Absolutely, I’d suggest jumping into an Optus Retail store. We can initiate the port for you. The number will come across right away (we do quote a lead time of 15 minutes – 4 hours).  Otherwise, you can organise the switch over online once you've purchased the SIM card. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor xt_20
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply Dan_C
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

No problem.

We'll try and get some clarification from our Prepaid product team on your second question. If something comes up in the meantime, feel free to reach out. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos