Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
randr66
New Contributor
New Contributor

Prepaid activation problems and delays

I hate to be that person who really just needs to vent, but that is me. 

1. Ordered a prepaid SIM for daughter's iphone. 

2. Waited 6 days for it to arrive.

3. Finally called OPTUS today to be told it was still being processed.

4. Cancelled order.

5. Bought a SIM in a store today.

6. Received the activation email, etc. only for the phone to not be able to send texts, call, etc.

7. Three possible problems according to OPTUS via help centre :

a. Card not actually activated, transferred to another department. Was hung up on because they couldn't hear me.

b. Next respondent said just wait for 4 hours. Hung up on me when I asked why I was being told something different to the first call.

c. Next respondent-transferred to the 'activation' department, successfully, to be told by Richard there is a 'system glitch' and it may be 24 hours. 

After checking this forum, it seems option c is a common occurrence. Richard said to call back in 24 hours if the SIM is still not activated. Has anyone actually had any success with simply waiting? 

6 Replies
Tris

Re: Prepaid activation problems and delays

Hi @randr66, I agree this sounds so frustrating. Whilst it's not common, these types of activation problems do occur. Generally, it needs to be raised with our IT department. Has the SIM activated since posting? If you've got a reference number handy I can check the status for you

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
randr66
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Tris,

Yes, about 5 minutes after my post the card was activated! Mostly, my concerns relate to inconsistency of communications from the support centre and from the confirmation emails.

It didn't end there, though. When I called again later to check on some questions about the plan, it turned out the account was not in my name. A couple of hours later, it seems all is finally well. 

Fingers crossed.

0 Kudos
Tris

I agree the experience sounds disappointing @randr66. Hopefully everything has been resolved now, please let us know if you run into further difficulty though 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
LiLi8
New Contributor
New Contributor

I called 2 hours ago to activate my replacement sim. I was told to turn my phone on and off in 15 minutes, which I did. I recieved a text stating that my activtion was successful and complete however it hasnt activeted properly! I have no newtwork, no ability to make calls, messge anyone or use the internet. I have been trying to use Optus 24/7 chat but Optus has made it literally impossible to use this service as my emial account needs updating or something so I have been blocked at every attempt to connect. I then called Optus only to be hung up on & told to call back in the morning! wtf?? 

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi LiLi8,

Not great to hear about your experience.

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
SamYang
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have experienced the exact same issue to activate one of the prepaid SIM. Very upset with Optus' customer services.

0 Kudos